MK809III AP6210 NEOTV CROM Version 2.0 1080p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
    Neomode i always wonder why the clock spped always between 12. and 1.4ghz?

Rom or driver restrictions?
    No. WELCOME TO THE RK3188-T (TRIM) CLUB

I'm experiencing a little improvement of my mini pc by setting in No Frills CPU Control the "Governor" to "Performace" and setting the minimum frequencies same as the maximum (1.42ghz) and the "I/O Scheduler" to NOOP.
    Tell me your impression!

@Neomode! Come on, w're waiting for a new 2.1 ROM, fixing bluetooth and making our mk809III faster
    Thanks

P.S. Today I have tried to play an MKV @1080P (10mb/s) and it goes with no lag!
    And ANtutu score is 15753!

Comment

Originally posted by Gianca90 View Post

My MK809III on Version 2.0 Antutu score was 15290, I reverted back to Version 1.9a kernel2 so I could use my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, Antutu scored 16993.
      HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

So. I opened up my MK809III today because my WIFI still sucked. I soldered a longish (40 cm~) wire to the motherboard where the old antenna was and while I had it opened I looked whether it was a T cpu or not. It was. Is running at 1.6ghz right now though. Im not sure if that is more than expected, Ive seen most people say theirs runs at 1.4ghz. And with the new antenna I get between 26mbps 2 rooms over and 65mpbs 2-3 meters away from the router in the same room. So Id call that a big improvement. (it was 1mbps-5mbps 2 rooms over before)

Comment

I'm experiencing a little improvement of my mini pc by setting in No Frills CPU Control the "Governor" to "Performace" and setting the minimum frequencies same as the maximum (1.42ghz) and the "I/O Scheduler" to NOOP.
          Tell me your impression!

@Neomode! Come on, w're waiting for a new 2.1 ROM, fixing bluetooth and making our mk809III faster
          Thanks

Just looked and your correct grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Although i have no need to overclock it and with1.9a its rock stable so its not the end of the world.
          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
            My MK809III on Version 2.0 Antutu score was 15290, I reverted back to Version 1.9a kernel2 so I could use my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, Antutu scored 16993.
            I'll try to flash with 1.9a; but kernel2 is 720p or 1080p? If is 720p that's why you get like 17k Antutu score maybe...

Originally posted by arsuna View Post
            So. I opened up my MK809III today because my WIFI still sucked. I soldered a longish (40 cm~) wire to the motherboard where the old antenna was and while I had it opened I looked whether it was a T cpu or not. It was. Is running at 1.6ghz right now though. Im not sure if that is more than expected, Ive seen most people say theirs runs at 1.4ghz. And with the new antenna I get between 26mbps 2 rooms over and 65mpbs 2-3 meters away from the router in the same room. So Id call that a big improvement. (it was 1mbps-5mbps 2 rooms over before)
            Yes we'are running between 1.2ghz-1.4ghz! THIS IS A GREAT NEWS FROM YOU!
            So what ROM are you using? And can you post a screenshot of CPU-Z (for the revision number) ? And also can you take a pic of your Mini Pc?
            This info will be useful for Neomode; if we can push our RK3188-T from 1.4ghz to 1.6ghz with a modded kernel will be a great improvement!

Share with us how you solded the antenna

Just looked and your correct grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Although i have no need to overclock it and with1.9a its rock stable so its not the end of the world.

Comment

I'll try to flash with 1.9a; but kernel2 is 720p or 1080p? If is 720p that's why you get like 17k Antutu score maybe...

Yes we'are running between 1.2ghz-1.4ghz! THIS IS A GREAT NEWS FROM YOU!
              So what ROM are you using? And can you post a screenshot of CPU-Z (for the revision number) ? And also can you take a pic of your Mini Pc?
              This info will be useful for Neomode; if we can push our RK3188-T from 1.4ghz to 1.6ghz with a modded kernel will be a great improvement!

Share with us how you solded the antenna

I seem to get 1.2 Ghz-1.42 Ghz no matter what kernel I use.
              This is the unit, it was advertised as 1.8Ghz:

Here is how I soldered in my antenna.
              Pics of the unit opened up, you can see the antenna wire is routed between the otg port and the card slot:

Here is how I did my antenna:
              The antenna wires are soldered in the upper right corner on the back side of the board. Care must be taken when de-soldering as the copper traces on the circuit board are easily lifted. I cut away a bit of plastic between the otg port and the card slot so the case could be put back together without interfering with the wire. I used the antenna I removed from an old scrap laptop and stick it to the top of my TV, works great. I did the same to my Wife's mini-PC. She has no trouble streaming movies over WiFi from a shared folder on the Windows 7 PC using XBMC, playback is smooth. Even while I watch a movie on Netflix on my mini-PC or surf the web, etc. The router is on the second floor at the other end of the house, about 9 meters away. That's the antenna at the bottom of the pic.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

Depends how and why this thing is locked.

If its hard locked because these cpu aren't stable at other freq then no kernel is going to make a difference.
                If its locked do to driver then we may get more easily enough.

Comment

Depends how and why this thing is locked.

If its hard locked because these cpu aren't stable at other freq then no kernel is going to make a difference.
                  If its locked do to driver then we may get more easily enough.
                  Thanks Magnus,
                  Is there a way I can tell if the device is locked in the hardware or in the driver? I'm currently back to using Neomode Version 1.9a because the Bluetooth works for me in that rev.
                  HK1 Pro Plus
                  FlowFon F1
                  MXQ Pro+
                  R-TVBOX Mini+
                  MK809III

Comment

Going to mess with the stock firmware and see if this changes anything.

If its doesn't there a very good chance these are hard locked and we got ripped off.

Update
                    Fortunately its not hardlocked after installing the stock rom its going from 312 to 1.42.

So its looks to be a driver/rom issue which neomode should be able to make short work of.
                    Last edited by Magnus33; 01-18-2014, 17:31.

Comment

Going to mess with the stock firmware and see if this changes anything.

If its doesn't there a very good chance these are hard locked and we got ripped off.

Update
                      Fortunately its not hardlocked after installing the stock rom its going from 312 to 1.42.

So its looks to be a driver/rom issue which neomode should be able to make short work of.
                      That sounds promising...
                      Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the stock firmware to try in my MK809III and I didn't test the cpu speed before flashing Neomode's rom's.
                      The seller gave me this link and said I could download the stock firmware there but it doesn't work. http://pan.baidu.com/s/10tQc?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

No worries yours is the same cpu so its not hardlocked.

Likely when neomode done with the work on the MK802IV it well work correctly on that model to.

Comment

AW: MK809III AP6210 NEOTV CROM Version 2.0 1080p

@magnuss33

Please share with me your Kernel you using. Because that Kernel I have only going from 1200 to 1400.

Thanks
                          Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                            @magnuss33

Please share with me your Kernel you using. Because that Kernel I have only going from 1200 to 1400.

Thanks
                            Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
                            I loaded the stock rom IV-AP131107 to test if this was a hard locked cpu.

Its went from 312mhz to 1.42ghz so it does have a larger freq range.

Comment

I loaded the stock rom IV-AP131107 to test if this was a hard locked cpu.

Its went from 312mhz to 1.42ghz so it does have a larger freq range.
                              Same on my mk802iv, but still not up to 1.6 or 1.8 as they write on www.rikomagic.com ...

A bit cooler now, but still no good video ( to little fps)

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
                                Same on my mk802iv, but still not up to 1.6 or 1.8 as they write on www.rikomagic.com ...
                                True but at least there hope for the trim cpu rather then being locked into such a short range.

Comment

Working...
                                X