Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just flashed 1.8.1 to check.

The people app is there, and it syncs, OK on my tablet.

Under settings/accounts, select your gmail account and touch your email address at the top of the list.

Make sure People details is checked.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I just flashed 1.8.1 to check.

The people app is there, and it syncs, OK on my tablet.

Under settings/accounts, select your gmail account and touch your email address at the top of the list.

Make sure People details is checked.
      I just flashed back to 1.8.0 to check as well. All my contacts are there, and syncing perfectly.

The only thing I can think of is erasing idb. I didn't do that going from 1.8 0 to 1.8.1. Is that required?

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Whenever I make a new ROM, there might be variations in the file sizes, depending on contents. It's always safer to erase IDB each time you flash a new ROM version. Otherwise, you are just pasting the new ROM on top of the old ROM. Sometimes, this messes with functionality.

I imagine that's what happened in your case.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Whenever I make a new ROM, there might be variations in the file sizes, depending on contents. It's always safer to erase IDB each time you flash a new ROM version. Otherwise, you are just pasting the new ROM on top of the old ROM. Sometimes, this messes with functionality.

I imagine that's what happened in your case.
          Well that isn't it either. I flashed 1.8.1 again, making sure to erase IDB first,but the contacts problem is back. I captured a logcat if you want it. It has a ton of permission warnings, but nothing obvious to me.

Comment

Finally a break thru! In looking through my Titanium backup, I found an item labeled "Google contacts sync" that wasn't installed. I restored that and my contacts are back and working!

I don't know why that app wasn't there with a fresh flash, but I'm glad to have it now!

Comment

Thanks for the update. I couldn't imagine it was a ROM problem, since it's been running since February with no complaints...at least for that.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

R: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Crandy2 View Post
                Finally a break thru! In looking through my Titanium backup, I found an item labeled "Google contacts sync" that wasn't installed. I restored that and my contacts are back and working!

I don't know why that app wasn't there with a fresh flash, but I'm glad to have it now!

I have the same your problem, can you share the file "Google contacts sync" so I can solve the issue?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by claro966 View Post
                  I have the same your problem, can you share the file "Google contacts sync" so I can solve the issue?
                  Thanks!
                  Do you have a Titanium Backup? Or a nandroid backup?

Comment

Thanks for the update. I couldn't imagine it was a ROM problem, since it's been running since February with no complaints...at least for that.
                    After seeing that another user has this same problem, I'm inclined to think that the Google contacts sync is a routine that somehow got omitted from 1.8.1, but was in 1.8.0.

The file I restored to 1.8.1 from Titanium Backup was a system file that was backed up from 1.8.0.

Titanium says this file is named com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts-ba9b8fe1588ba1336507a831cbe44fdf.apk.gz.

Could you check and see if it was included in 1.8.1?

Comment

I'm not sure where that one went.

I'm uploading 1.8.2 with the sync adapter app restored. It will be in post #1 when I get done uploading.

Sorry about that.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

The link in post #1 has been changed to 1.8.2 with the contacts sync fix.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Rather than flash the whole ROM again, here is a link to the app you can put in system/app.

Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Crandy2 View Post
                          Do you have a Titanium Backup? Or a nandroid backup?

Titanium Backup, lol

Originally Posted by rrileypm

Rather than flash the whole ROM again, here is a link to the app you can put in system/app.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byx...it?usp=sharing

Thank you for your support as usual Randy!

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byx...it?usp=sharing

Thank you for your support as usual Randy!

Comment

Going back from RR 1.8.1 kk 4.4.2 to stock rom M6 pro no 3G JB 4.2.2

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                              use stock flash tool and flash a stock rom, that's all. it will be automatically unrooted
                              Ciao Giouncino, ho già segnalato il problema dell'unrooting e, come mi hi consigliato Randy, dovrei flashare il tablet con la rom stock ed ottenere automaticamente l'unrooting. Sta di fatto che il flash della rom M6pro_NO3G_update_chinese_20130914.img scaricata dal sito pipo fallisce con l'RK batch tool sia che usi il tasto restart sia che usi il tasto upgrade. Riteni sia un problema dovuto al downgrade da KK a JB? Mi sembra di aver letto non ricordo dove qualcosa in proposito.
                              Grazie in anticipo
                              Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Almar View Post
                                Ciao Giouncino, ho già segnalato il problema dell'unrooting e, come mi hi consigliato Randy, dovrei flashare il tablet con la rom stock ed ottenere automaticamente l'unrooting. Sta di fatto che il flash della rom M6pro_NO3G_update_chinese_20130914.img scaricata dal sito pipo fallisce con l'RK batch tool sia che usi il tasto restart sia che usi il tasto upgrade. Riteni sia un problema dovuto al downgrade da KK a JB? Mi sembra di aver letto non ricordo dove qualcosa in proposito.
                                Grazie in anticipo
                                Aldo
                                (it's better to write in english here)

You need to use the STOCK flash tool (not the finless one).
                                You can find it here:
                                You can download Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 & Rockusb Drivers v3.5 from here , here or here . Don’t miss any of our future video tut...
                                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Working...
                                X