Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used Finless, JustMe 1.6B, and Stane's ENY EM8 build on M8N. They all load up fine.

If you have an M8N (check bottom of box), then it was probably manufactured by Acemax.

Check here for the newest firmware from Acemax.

Here is the link to the newest firmware provided by Acemax. (hosted by MEGA)
    Archive: M8N_ap6330_05232014_0901
    Build: k200-user 4.4.2 KOT49H 20140901 test-keys

Unrar the file you downloaded above, and you should have 3 files:
    -k200-ota-20140901.zip
    -recovery.img
    -factory_update_param.aml

Copy just these three files to the SD card (that has been formatted to FAT32). Then do the toothpick reset to force the M8N into recovery mode. If the SD card is inserted when recovery starts, it should automatically start the install. Otherwise, select "update from EXT", then select sdcard and you should see your card with a zip file on it.

This will give you a 100% stock Acemax M8N. It has the same issue as all ROMs with using the remote to sleep/wakeup the device, so watch out for that.

Comment

Quick question please, on the ccm skin (all ready enabled on the ROM) I can't seem to add any "user favourites" or any option to add anything from my favourites i have saved when customizing the skin.

Any help thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian99 View Post
        Quick question please, on the ccm skin (all ready enabled on the ROM) I can't seem to add any "user favourites" or any option to add anything from my favourites i have saved when customizing the skin.

Any help thanks?
        not sure on this have you tried the modified confulence that come also with the rom?
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          not sure on this have you tried the modified confulence that come also with the rom?

Yes thats the skin i like to use. Just don't get "user favourites" in the list, i can see "clear selection" then "video add on" "music" "program" etc but nothing to beable to choose from "favourites"

I have HD Cinema (the app) saved it to my favourites and wanted to have it on the xbmc menu bar, but can't select it.

Not a problem i have used the "hybrid skin" which is pretty much the same, just not as good.

***** IGNORE ME************* I have just gone back to it and it's now fine, so unless installing the Hybrid Skin helped??

Would "skin widgets" have anything to do with it not showing initially??

Comment

Originally posted by punktunes9 View Post
            I have used Finless, JustMe 1.6B, and Stane's ENY EM8 build on M8N. They all load up fine.

If you have an M8N (check bottom of box), then it was probably manufactured by Acemax.

Check here for the newest firmware from Acemax.

Here is the link to the newest firmware provided by Acemax. (hosted by MEGA)
            Archive: M8N_ap6330_05232014_0901
            Build: k200-user 4.4.2 KOT49H 20140901 test-keys

Unrar the file you downloaded above, and you should have 3 files:
            -k200-ota-20140901.zip
            -recovery.img
            -factory_update_param.aml

Copy just these three files to the SD card (that has been formatted to FAT32). Then do the toothpick reset to force the M8N into recovery mode. If the SD card is inserted when recovery starts, it should automatically start the install. Otherwise, select "update from EXT", then select sdcard and you should see your card with a zip file on it.

This will give you a 100% stock Acemax M8N. It has the same issue as all ROMs with using the remote to sleep/wakeup the device, so watch out for that.
            No, I only have Model: M8

No more information...

Comment

HI

I am looking for a new firmware and was wondering if anyone could recommend one for an m8 android that can be put into standby and runs 720/1080p and 4k without any problems thanks

Comment

Originally posted by branna View Post
                I am looking for a new firmware and was wondering if anyone could recommend one for an m8 android that can be put into standby and runs 720/1080p and 4k without any problems thanks
                I used justme media edition beta v1.5 ported v2 for m8 01/12/2014 top of the thread works fine , waiting to try 1.6 rom when justme gets around to sending it.

Comment

Downgrading from 1.6 to 1.5

Has anybody successfully downgraded from 1.6 to 1.5? After installing 1.6 I cannot seem to get back into recovery using the toothpick method in order to flash 1.5

Any help appreciated

EDIT: Solved by placing recovery.img from v1.6 to the SD Card containing 1.5.
                  Last edited by zickler; 01-06-2015, 16:22.

Comment

Signature error even with the Justme v1.5 ported v2 for m8 01/12/2014

Originally posted by punktunes9 View Post
                    I use a 2GB Kingston microSD with adapter all the time, and it works fine.

Try doing the toothpick method without an SDcard in the M8 at all. This should get you to an Android recovery screen. (This is useful for checking recovery version as well).

Then plug in the SD card, select "update from EXT", then select sdcard and you should see your card with a zip file on it.
                    I have tried this way but still having the same problema.

MORE..

I tried to install this Justme v1.5 ported v2 for m8 01/12/2014 and guess what... I have the same problem...

Can't read the whole-file signature...

Any idea about what is happening?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by omegalfa View Post
                      I have tried this way but still having the same problema.

MORE..

I tried to install this Justme v1.5 ported v2 for m8 01/12/2014 and guess what... I have the same problem...

Can't read the whole-file signature...

Any idea about what is happening?

Thank you
                      Me too tried to install finless 1.8 back and it just boots up to justme rom.

Comment

Cant boot into recovery

Hey guys, I cant for the life of me boot into recovery. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've used the button method, the app method and the update method in the settings and it just goes on and boots normally. I have justme v1.3 installed and I want to update to 1.5. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolass View Post
                          Hey guys, I cant for the life of me boot into recovery. I've tried everything that I can think of. I've used the button method, the app method and the update method in the settings and it just goes on and boots normally. I have justme v1.3 installed and I want to update to 1.5. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
                          Use different recovery img file from another rom

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Unable to read whole-files signature ERROR

Hello all again,

I hope someone can definitely help me with this...
                            I tried differents SD cards, differents files, and differents ways to ROOT my M8 square box.

In all the cases I am having the same issue, this error message
                            "Unable to read whole-files signature"

Even the files from Justme...
                            I just want to unlock the box due to permissions with xbmc.

I don't know what is wrong...?
                            I really hope someone can help me...

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by omegalfa View Post
                              Hello all again,

I hope someone can definitely help me with this...
                              I tried differents SD cards, differents files, and differents ways to ROOT my M8 square box.

In all the cases I am having the same issue, this error message
                              "Unable to read whole-files signature"

Even the files from Justme...
                              I just want to unlock the box due to permissions with xbmc.

I don't know what is wrong...?
                              I really hope someone can help me...

Thank you
                              My rom are already rooted properly if anything you my need to run supersu to update to the latest 2.39 well now its 2.43to date

the box is already rooted.

so not sure what you are tying to do?

JustMe

Comment

Hi Justme,

My M8 box is not rooted, so no SuperUser inside.
                                I am trying to root the box to give XBMC root access due to an addon that I really need to work (the reason why I baught the box).

Comment

Working...
                                X