• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

version 5.0.5 posted on the site.

any idea of the changelog?

Comment

Vu+Solo2 PVR

Hi My OpenElec back is Vu+Solo2 PVR, I noticed that changing channels takes time, also the screen flick intermittently, anyone have an idea on how to make the channels switch faster.

Comment

I think enigma as a backend has regular slow channel switching. I had same results.
        If you use vlc on a pc and switch channels the switching times are also long. That's problem of enigma, not openelec.

Comment

I have been trying to install the new 5.0.5 version on my S89H, but it keeps going into the boot recovery screen and will not install, gives an error. I am running ver. 5.0.0 now and have gone back in forth between 5.0.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.3 without any problems.

I even tried to revert back to Android, but same problem now, goes into recovery screen and won't install, gives an error. I used to be able to go between Android and OpenELEC, but not any more..... What has changed in the recovery image?

thanks.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            I have been trying to install the new 5.0.5 version on my S89H, but it keeps going into the boot recovery screen and will not install, gives an error. I am running ver. 5.0.0 now and have gone back in forth between 5.0.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.3 without any problems.

I even tried to revert back to Android, but same problem now, goes into recovery screen and won't install, gives an error. I used to be able to go between Android and OpenELEC, but not any more..... What has changed in the recovery image?

thanks.
            Good to know I will wait when all is cleared before I install 5.0.5, so what is major changes between 503 to 505? Just wondering if it worth the efforts for me.

Comment

I used an S82 test image 5.0.5 from the target folder from yesterday. I tried updating with update-zip but openelec didn't work properly. After flashing many other images (5.0.0-5.0.3) muliple times I finally had to make a factory reset to make openelec booting again without freezes. Sometimes images weren't flash because of fault verifying, other times same image worked.
              Don't know what was the problem. Maybe new kernel in 5.0.5 image. Now I will be sure to have a full openelec backup when I start flashing a new update, especially zips. I think tar-files are save to update without problems.
              Maybe using TWRP for backing up data partition is an option if openelec won't start anymore and you have no openelec backup. After factory reset and clean install of openelec you can try restoring data partition. But I don't know if it will be working.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                I used an S82 test image 5.0.5 from the target folder from yesterday. I tried updating with update-zip but openelec didn't work properly. After flashing many other images (5.0.0-5.0.3) muliple times I finally had to make a factory reset to make openelec booting again without freezes. Sometimes images weren't flash because of fault verifying, other times same image worked.
                Don't know what was the problem. Maybe new kernel in 5.0.5 image. Now I will be sure to have a full openelec backup when I start flashing a new update, especially zips. I think tar-files are save to update without problems.
                Maybe using TWRP for backing up data partition is an option if openelec won't start anymore and you have no openelec backup. After factory reset and clean install of openelec you can try restoring data partition. But I don't know if it will be working.
                You are saying you got ver. 5.0.5 to install? How did you do it, and which zip file did you use. Did you install with your micro SD card and tooth pick method? I have swapped between OpenELEC and Android several times using the tooth pick method without any problems and it never went to the recovery screen.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If someone can verify for me a problem that I have, I would appreciate it. With version 5.0.0, I can write to the micro SD card. But newer versions are read only.

Comment

No, I tried only to install 5.0.5 but it didn't work. But I didn't use the actual build from /image/5.0.5 folder. I'm on 5.0.3 again.
                    My box never boot directly to recovery without using the toothpick. I just had bootloop on openelec logo. That was my problem. Maybe your reset button is damaged and it's constantly pressed now?

I also have no write access to sdcard. But I didn't try it before. Don't know if it's working in older releases.

Comment

No, I tried only to install 5.0.5 but it didn't work. But I didn't use the actual build from /image/5.0.5 folder. I'm on 5.0.3 again.
                      My box never boot directly to recovery without using the toothpick. I just had bootloop on openelec logo. That was my problem. Maybe your reset button is damaged and it's constantly pressed now?

I also have no write access to sdcard. But I didn't try it before. Don't know if it's working in older releases.
                      Thank you for confirming you have no write access with 5.0.3. version 5.0.0 does have write access, just wondering about 5.0.5.

Comment

Even when using the tooth pick method, it never went to the recovery menu, the little green man always popped up. There is nothing wrong with my reset button, something has changed with his firmware since version 5.0.0.

I could even put the 3 Android files on my micro SD card and using the tooth pick method, the little green man always popped up. I have probably done this a dozen times, going between Android and OpenELEC and never had a problem.

Comment

Do you have a recovery.img file in the root of your sdcard?

When you hold reset button on booting first destination for loading recovery.img is root of sdcard. If there isn't one the box boots the recovery from internal flash. If this recovery is corrupt and you don't have one on sdcard your box can't boot to recovery.

Comment

Do you have a recovery.img file in the root of your sdcard?
                            Yes, it is one of the 3 files that I always copy to my micro SD card when I am swapping ROMs.

Comment

Extract the recovery.img from a newer zip file and copy it to the root of sdcard. I think there is a newer stock recovery version. Maybe that works.
                              And delete "factory_update_param.aml" file. This is only needed if you want that the recovery autoflash a zip.

Comment

Problems for me on 5.0.5 s82 build as mac address changes on each reboot.

Comment

Working...
                                X