OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
    In 5.0.3 i remove CEC option in menu, because is not working properly.
    Thank you for these excellent ROMs.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks for the amazing rom, it works perfectly on my MXIII 2g. Which MXQ model does this firmware support? Is it the one that looks like the MX2 or the one with the hardware button?

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
        Good news!
        Just wait than Kerber release 5.03 to ours S82/S89 devices
        It is released and it's true! No stuttering at all
        What a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
          Thanks for the amazing rom, it works perfectly on my MXIII 2g. Which MXQ model does this firmware support? Is it the one that looks like the MX2 or the one with the hardware button?
          Just to expand on my mxq question - do H.265 files work with this OE on these devices? The MXIII is spec'd to be able to play 720p H.265 but this doesn't seem to be the case when I try. Has anyone had any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
            Just to expand on my mxq question - do H.265 files work with this OE on these devices? The MXIII is spec'd to be able to play 720p H.265 but this doesn't seem to be the case when I try. Has anyone had any luck?

Comment

Upgraded to 5.0.3 and works fine, thanks! That linux rom make these box the perfect htpc!
              any chance to have the tv remote wake up the box from standby through cec? In that way we can hide the amlogic device behind the tv or similar!

Comment

Cec settngs like raspberry

Originally posted by Condorello View Post
                Upgraded to 5.0.3 and works fine, thanks! That linux rom make these box the perfect htpc!
                any chance to have the tv remote wake up the box from standby through cec? In that way we can hide the amlogic device behind the tv or similar!

Please can someone add cec setting like the one that are used in a raspberry to our amlogic devices. See picture.
                I think that a lot of people need something like that.

Comment

Hello guys, got a noobie question for you.
                  I want to update my Tronsmart Vega S89 / Orbsmart S82 to openelec. I went to http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.3/ and downloaded "OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.3.zip"
                  The flash is successful but during boot I only get a black screen after the tronsmart logo.

Am I using the wrong file? I thougt S82.arm stands for Orbsmart S82 & the .tar file is for updating an existing openelec. (I am still on Stanes AMLinux )

Sorry if this has been asked here before, couldn't find the awnser to my question.

Sincerely Bonzenpaule

Comment

Flash cache and make factory reset after installing the rom.
                    And yes, you have used the right zip file.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                      Flash cache and make factory reset after installing the rom.
                      And yes, you have used the right zip file.
                      Thanks for your advice!
                      I found a different way to solve my problem.
                      First I flashed the standard android firmware from orbsmart - then openelec 5.0.0 and then 5.0.3.
                      Working great now although openelec 5.0.0 had no bootlogos at all :O (5.0.3 is fine)

But I will do that factory reset can't harm

Cheers!

Comment

Currently running 5.0.0 on S89 with no problems, I flashed update to 5.0.3 and it plays ok, however the kodi gui is freezing for 10 seconds or so as I navigate around. Any suggestions?

Comment

original remote

If anyone is interested i have modified the keyboard.xml to allow the original remote to play, pause and stop as well as bring up the shutdown menu.
                          1=Play
                          2=Pause
                          3=Stop
                          0=Shutdown menu
                          This file needs to be placed in the /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps folder and a reboot done.
                          I have done this on my MXIII 2G using the S82 openelec

rename file from .txt to .xml
                          Attached Files

Comment

wow, i have to say my S89 is quite a mediaplayer now...
                            all smooth, CEC working, refresh frequencies working

just one thing... apparently i cant shut down the box at all.
                            whatever i press (shutdown, exit) the box just restart.

would it be possible to fix this?

Comment

Shutdown from menu (it's a not shutdown, it's suspend) i'll fix tomorrow.

Comment

Something really strange happened, I am using OpenELEC 5.0.3 on my Vega S89H with tvheadend installed. As I was watching a live TV stream a SMS text message popped up in the lower corner of my TV screen. My granddaughter had texted me a message to my cell phone. The message was right there on the TV screen. I had been using mighty text to send and receive text messages right from my TV when I had Android installed. Is it possible that when I installed OpenELEC it did not erase the underlying Android addons, and if so how can they still function?
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X