OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenELEC turning off

I have one little problem, my S89H with OpenELEC, turns off when I turn off the TV. Normally that would be a nice feature, however since I am using it as PVR with recording feature, it is not a good thing for me.

My question, is there a setting to keep box alive?
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Need disable CEC
      via ssh
      echo "echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config" > ~/.config/autostart.sh
      chmod +x ~/.config/autostart.sh
      After restart box CEC will be disabled.

Comment

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        I have one little problem, my S89H with OpenELEC, turns off when I turn off the TV. Normally that would be a nice feature, however since I am using it as PVR with recording feature, it is not a good thing for me.

My question, is there a setting to keep box alive?
        Tvs with CEC usually have an interface to toggle these settings. I have an LG and you can access the settings by pressing the SimplLink button on the remote

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          Because the thermal throttling ignores the min_freq... means, if the SoC reaches a temperature where the kernel have to throttle under the min_freq the kernel will do so...

thx for info

Comment

Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
            Need disable CEC
            via ssh
            echo "echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config" > ~/.config/autostart.sh
            Thanks for your help, I tried that, but it did not work..

I copied this into putty as per your instructions, is this correct?

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
              Tvs with CEC usually have an interface to toggle these settings. I have an LG and you can access the settings by pressing the SimplLink button on the remote
              I have an older TV that does not have CEC. I am also using a new Denon reciever, but I talked to the tech support from Denon, and he said the Device ( my S89H) is the one that has the CEC function.

thanks for your help.

Comment

You have to have the autostart.sh file in the directory before you execute the command. It will work as I had the same problem a while ago and it solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ccadi View Post
                  You have to have the autostart.sh file in the directory before you execute the command. It will work as I had the same problem a while ago and it solved it.
                  I am really new at ssh, if you could get a step by step instruction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ccadi View Post

Ok, I did this

echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh && chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

then I did this.

but still did not solve my problem of box turning off.

Any other ideas?

thanks

Comment

After just execute command in ssh
                      echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        I am really new at ssh, if you could get a step by step instruction, I would greatly appreciate it.
                        Ok, I did this

echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh && chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

then this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Openelec with putty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	436094

but it still did not work.

Any other ideas?

thanks

Comment

After just execute command in ssh
                          echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config
                          I tied this, but still no luck, still shuts off when I change to another device.

thanks again

Comment

check,
                            if your autostart.sh exits
                            Code:
                            [B]ls -al[/B] /storage/.config/auto*
                            what's inside the autostart.sh
                            Code:
                            [B]cat[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                            If you want to create a new file, you have to use >
                            Code:
                            [B]echo[/B] "#!/bin/sh" [B]>[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                            (where " means a string)

If you want to attach something to an existing file you have to use >>
                            Code:
                            [B]echo[/B] "echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config" [B]>>[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                            Make it executable
                            Code:
                            [B]chmod[/B] 0777  /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                            btw: this all isn't ssh (its only secure shell (a terminal), which is the same as the good old dos-prompt) BUT Linux commands...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              check,
                              if your autostart.sh exits
                              Code:
                              [B]ls -al[/B] /storage/.config/auto*
                              what's inside the autostart.sh
                              Code:
                              [B]cat[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                              If you want to create a new file, you have to use >
                              Code:
                              [B]echo[/B] "#!/bin/sh" [B]>[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                              (where " means a string)

If you want to attach something to an existing file you have to use >>
                              Code:
                              [B]echo[/B] "echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config" [B]>>[/B] /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                              Make it executable
                              Code:
                              [B]chmod[/B] 0777  /storage/.config/autostart.sh
                              btw: this all isn't ssh (its only secure shell (a terminal), which is the same as the good old dos-prompt) BUT Linux commands...
                              Thanks for the help, No_Spam, razdolbaev and ccadi, now I understand the commands much better. With all your help, my box does not shut off with I change to a different source, a very big improvement. It still shuts off when I power down my system each night, but that maybe for some other reason.

My S89H running OpenELEC, is connected to my new Denon receiver, which has 6 HDMI inputs. I have a PS3, R89, Uverse cable box and this S89H connected to it via HDMI. I have one HDMI cable that feeds into my 6 year old 1080P TV. I use a Logitech universal remote to control the devices. With the remote, at bed time, I just hit one button and it shuts down the Denon receiver and the TV and the Uverse cable box.

Any ideas on why it shuts down the S89H?

thanks

Edit: further test, I powered down each device individually and my S89H did not shut down. So, that means that my universal remote is what is shutting down my box.

Problem, solved.... thanks for all your help.
                              Last edited by clarkss12; 01-24-2015, 16:42. Reason: Problem Solved!!!

Comment

losing connection with tuners

Need disable CEC
                                via ssh
                                Thank you razdolbaev, no spam, and others, you have solved my CEC problem. Now, I have one more minor problem, when I reboot my S89H with OpenELEC 5.0 I lose my tuner connection. I have to go into"get addons", uninstall tvheadend. It will automatically reinstall it, then it will connect to my tuners. Otherwise it is working fantastic.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X