Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drdeuce View Post
    Xannytech First of all thanks for the hard work again, i was really looking forward to this final rom, and it really looks awesome! I was really happy to see the button to close all running applications at once. After installing the rom i wanted to download an apk file with the built in Chrome browser, but i am getting the error message: download failed due to missing SD card. In the previous version i didn't have this issue, so what did you change that is causing this?

Edit: The fix is easy though, go into android settings - apps - Chrome - permissions. Turn of storage permissions, and turn it back on. Then restart Chrome and enjoy downloading
    It's a Chrome "issue" no really a bug, they changed something in their manifest in the last version i can't avoid this.

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

Xannytech, thanks again for your work. With your final ROM if you just press the ON/OFF button on the remote, the box goes to suspension, right?
      it depends on what you choose in that menu...

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

it depends on what you choose in that menu...
        Xannytech, If I understand right what we choose on that menu is applied at that time, each time we choose it. So, if we choose Suspend the box will Suspend, if we choose Reboot it reboot, etc.
        What we need is a way to set the default behaviour of the ON/OFF button of the remote control, just like you had it (in the settings) at your previous ROMs.
        Is there a way to do this with the new final ROM ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Xannytech, If I understand right what we choose on that menu is applied at that time, each time we choose it. So, if we choose Suspend the box will Suspend, if we choose Reboot it reboot, etc.
          What we need is a way to set the default behaviour of the ON/OFF button of the remote control, just like you had it (in the settings) at your previous ROMs.
          Is there a way to do this with the new final ROM ?

Thanks in advance.
          no if you choose suspend the box will supend until you change your setting again, i worked hard on that framework, and on my box work like this, obviously i used a semi-ready framework from a MXIII II Rom, so you don't need that menu setting that was on my previous rom, and that many users did not understand

Comment

no if you choose suspend the box will supend until you change your setting again, i worked hard on that framework, and on my box work like this, obviously i used a semi-ready framework from a MXIII II Rom
            Oh I see. So whatever we choose is then set as the default behaviour until we change it. That's brilliant !

Another slight change I noticed on this ROM is how HDMI-CEC works.
            I have one remote control for my TV and TV Box. One button is the ON-OFF for the Box and another is the ON-OFF for the TV.
            I'm always using HDMI-CEC so that when I turn on the BOX, the TV also turns ON (via the HDMI-CEC function). When I I want to turn off both of them, I just turn OFF the TV, and the box turns off, too, by itself (via the HDMI-CEC function).

So this time, if I have HDMI-CEC self adaption set on ON, the box turns on by itself ! I found my box being turned on by itself even after It seemed to turn off.
            I solved this by setting the HDMI-CEC self adapation to OFF.
            At your previous roms, I had the HDMI-CEC self adaptation set to ON, without any issues.

I will keep observing this and will give you feedback if needed. So far, by setting HDMI-CEC self adaptation to OFF in this rom, everything seems ok.

Thanks again !

Comment

Oh I see. So whatever we choose is then set as the default behaviour until we change it. That's brilliant !

Another slight change I noticed on this ROM is how HDMI-CEC works.
              I have one remote control for my TV and TV Box. One button is the ON-OFF for the Box and another is the ON-OFF for the TV.
              I'm always using HDMI-CEC so that when I turn on the BOX, the TV also turns ON (via the HDMI-CEC function). When I I want to turn off both of them, I just turn OFF the TV, and the box turns off, too, by itself (via the HDMI-CEC function).

So this time, if I have HDMI-CEC self adaption set on ON, the box turns on by itself ! I found my box being turned on by itself even after It seemed to turn off.
              I solved this by setting the HDMI-CEC self adapation to OFF.
              At your previous roms, I had the HDMI-CEC self adaptation set to ON, without any issues.

I will keep observing this and will give you feedback if needed. So far, by setting HDMI-CEC self adaptation to OFF in this rom, everything seems ok.

Thanks again !
              interesting, the hdmi cec stuff, i have to check something i changed, not sure, could be because the new framewok.

Comment

Originally posted by totor54 View Post
                rajawaqas
                download error
                re Télécharge la rom tu es 99% et non 100% Re download the ROM you are 99% and not 100%
                I downloaded complete 100 percent and this Rom is in winrar after extraction I M able to install in nexbox andriod box...I have real debrid account where I downloaded this rom

Comment

Originally posted by rajawaqas View Post

I downloaded complete 100 percent and this Rom is in winrar after extraction I M able to install in nexbox andriod box...I have real debrid account where I downloaded this rom
                  Anyway mate, let me know about that problem about google play if is solved, because i cannot reproduce the issue myself after 3 tests without problem i gave up and reinstalled my personal.
                  Could be that Google Webview causes sometimes that issue, but if i can't reproduce it, i cannot shot in the space a fix

Comment

Anyway mate, let me know about that problem about google play if is solved, because i cannot reproduce the issue myself after 3 tests without problem i gave up and reinstalled my personal.
                    Could be that Google Webview causes sometimes that issue, but if i can't reproduce it, i cannot shot in the space a fix
                    O.k no problem I will always thankful to you.

Comment

Hello Xannytech,

thank you for your rom.
                      Tanix TX5 Pro, my report : i'm not an expert, just would like to help. sorry if it seems naive
                      - blutooth OK
                      - WIFI (chip 6255) OK
                      - navigationbar and powerkey management disapeared from parameters
                      - understood that power management can be set through navigationbar
                      - don't known how to get the navigationbar : in SquareHome options "hide navigationbar" is not checked. did not find an option to display the navigationbar.
                      - sometimes, the left part of the statusbar disapears after about one second : usb icon disapears but hour + wifi + bluetooth icons still there
                      - did not find directory remote in system/media : used remote.conf from your beta
                      - remote can shut down the box, but can not wake it again : need to AC off/on
                      - when box shut down, the hard drives are not shut down : need AC off.
                      - netflix OK
                      - smpc : passthrough OK but DTS does not work : need to activate Dolby translation, DTS appears as Dolby to my home cinema and works perfectly.
                      - dark scenes are no more too dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraf View Post
                        Hello Xannytech,

thank you for your rom.
                        Tanix TX5 Pro, my report : i'm not an expert, just would like to help. sorry if it seems naive
                        - navigationbar and powerkey management disapeared from parameters
                        - understood that power management can be set through navigationbar
                        - don't known how to get the navigationbar : in SquareHome options "hide navigationbar" is not checked. did not find an option to display the navigationbar.
                        Use your mouse on the lower part of the screen click and move up simultaneously.

- sometimes, the left part of the statusbar disapears after about one second : usb icon disapears but hour + wifi + bluetooth icons still there
                        I have no idea never happened, anyway if wifi bluetooth icons are still there no problem.

- did not find directory remote in system/media : used remote.conf from your beta
                        - remote can shut down the box, but can not wake it again : need to AC off/on
                        - when box shut down, the hard drives are not shut down : need AC off.
                        About power on is typical of tvboxes with different implementation of power, same as nexbox, probably could be fixed flashing just original bootloader, but we will do some experimentations later.
                        About Hardrives, mine are switched off, normally, but someone time ago reported a similar thing, dunno why, if i can reproduce i can fix, if not... no idea.

Thanks for your report

Comment

My installation experience with this wonderful ROM. (many thanks Xannytech!!)
                          After my first installation i had the "Unfortunately, Google play services has stopped" error.
                          I tried to reinstall the ROM. But the error kept coming back.
                          After a view re-installs I pulled out my LAN cable. Connected trough WIFI and suddenly i could logon my google account.
                          Maybe this will help someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by futureline View Post
                            My installation experience with this wonderful ROM. (many thanks Xannytech!!)
                            After my first installation i had the "Unfortunately, Google play services has stopped" error.
                            I tried to reinstall the ROM. But the error kept coming back.
                            After a view re-installs I pulled out my LAN cable. Connected trough WIFI and suddenly i could logon my google account.
                            Maybe this will help someone else.
                            If someone will get this error let's try also to switch off/on wifi, but if this is the case probably i know where to look.
                            Anyway another solution is use this APK
                            Last edited by Xannytech; 04-13-2017, 19:12.

Comment

I flashed my box and it's all working great, thanks Xanny.
                              I'm using the wetek classic launcher, it's simple and it looks great, however i'm using a wireless mouse so i have to click apps twice to run it, first it selects an app and then runs it. Any idea i can run apps with just one click. Also this happens in settings. With the stock launcher it's working normal. And how press the menu button with a mouse ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan31 View Post
                                I flashed my box and it's all working great, thanks Xanny.
                                I'm using the wetek classic launcher, it's simple and it looks great, however i'm using a wireless mouse so i have to click apps twice to run it, first it selects an app and then runs it. Any idea i can run apps with just one click. Also this happens in settings. With the stock launcher it's working normal. And how press the menu button with a mouse ?
                                i think it' not a rom problem, i use an airmouse and i just have to click once with my launcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X