Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

top left of program and select temp range then add 20 20/40 make 20/60 then re try
    What u talking about? Look @ Post before YOURS!

Comment

Yes i see so you found it? Was question you asked where it is in tool select view temp settings are there.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Yes i see so you found it? Was question you asked where it is in tool select view temp settings are there.
        On Windows 10 Pro @ USB-Tool in the Temp Directory himself. I had found an configfile, i had clear it. Thats all what i have to do.

Greets
        Markus

Comment

Congratulation Xanny, your firmware is really amazing : stable and smooth, everything works perfect, so much better than the official one...

I just have one question, not specially for your firmware, it's just a problem with the box.
          My box : Mini M8S II (s905X) work great with H264 video, but I always have sync issue with codec Xvid/MP3, audio/video weren't sync in media player (like VLC), is that the same problem for other ?

The player work, video and sound are OK, but not sync, with H264 VLC has no problem, just with xvid.
          Uninstall, reinstall and clean cache don't works, that issue is with all firmware I have test (official or custom).

SPMC is the only player who show xvid video with good sync.

Is that hardware or software problem, and how to fix it ?

Thanks again for your good work, that really appreciated.

Comment

I'm running XTMOD_EX_P .ZIP from Page 1 of this thread on a 2GB 8GB S905X Nexbox, installed via SD card method. Works great!

I'm interested in trying the latest XTMOD_EXT_final_t2. I have a male to male USB cable and the proper USB Burning Tool. Two observations:

1. My 'boot to recovery' option of holding down the recovery button via the toothpick method / AV port no longer works. I get XTROM boot screen and the new ROM no matter how long I hold it down while powering on. Is this normal?

2. I have tried loading the XTMOD_EXT_final_t2 via the USB Burning Tool. I can't get my Nexbox to be recognized in the tool - I suspect because I can't get it to load in recovery mode? So instead I've copied the XTMOD_EXT_final_t2.img to my sd card, and found that I can boot in twrp via the Simple Reboot app - I thought I was on my way, but when I did "Install" with twrp and toggled 'Image', it tells me the img file is too big for the destination (I was trying to install to the Boot partition. It only gives me Boot or Recovery as target partition options). What have I done wrong here?

cjstuck

Comment

Originally posted by cjstuck View Post
              I'm running XTMOD_EX_P .ZIP from Page 1 of this thread on a 2GB 8GB S905X Nexbox, installed via SD card method. Works great!

I'm interested in trying the latest XTMOD_EXT_final_t2. I have a male to male USB cable and the proper USB Burning Tool. Two observations:

1. My 'boot to recovery' option of holding down the recovery button via the toothpick method / AV port no longer works. I get XTROM boot screen and the new ROM no matter how long I hold it down while powering on. Is this normal?

2. I have tried loading the XTMOD_EXT_final_t2 via the USB Burning Tool. I can't get my Nexbox to be recognized in the tool - I suspect because I can't get it to load in recovery mode? So instead I've copied the XTMOD_EXT_final_t2.img to my sd card, and found that I can boot in twrp via the Simple Reboot app - I thought I was on my way, but when I did "Install" with twrp and toggled 'Image', it tells me the img file is too big for the destination (I was trying to install to the Boot partition. It only gives me Boot or Recovery as target partition options). What have I done wrong here?

cjstuck

- You download latest Xannytech's rom (it's a 7z file extract it to get the IMG file), and burn it to an SD card via this tool:

Comment

Originally posted by Invisable View Post
                Thanks Xannytech, anyway I got your latest Final test Rom installed !
                Wow, I can tell you have put a huge amount of time on this, it's very polished !!
                It's very much appreciated, so thank you !!
                Sorry for derailing the thread earlier

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                Hello !
                Could you please test if the "suspend" option is working as it should on the Power / shut down options of this ROM without reverting by itself to power off & restart" after a few days and a few manual restarts ?
                As I have posted to XannyTech in another forum, I have Final Test 1 on my box, and although I always set the power (shut down) options to "suspend", after some time it seems to revert by itself to "power off & restart".
                This has happened to me twice in the last 10 days I've been using the Final Test 1 version. I could guess that this issue probably surfaces after a few manual reboots of the box.
                Could someone test this with the FinalTest 2 version?

Maybe if this issue exists on FinalTest2 version, Xannytech could fix it on the Final version.

Thank you in advance.
                Last edited by LostEchoes; 04-02-2017, 08:09.

Comment

Has anyone sneaked through TWRP? At me in the menu of a choice of the installation of the firmware only two tick marks: boot and recovery. Corresponding when trying to flash, error: The size of the image is larger than the size of the target device. What's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post

Hello !
                    Could you please test if the "suspend" option is working as it should on the Power / shut down options of this ROM without reverting by itself to power off & restart" after a few days and a few manual restarts ?
                    As I have posted to XannyTech in another forum, I have Final Test 1 on my box, and although I always set the power (shut down) options to "suspend", after some time it seems to revert by itself to "power off & restart".
                    This has happened to me twice in the last 10 days I've been using the Final Test 1 version. I could guess that this issue probably surfaces after a few manual reboots of the box.
                    Could someone test this with the FinalTest 2 version?

Maybe if this issue exists on FinalTest2 version, Xannytech could fix it on the Final version.

Thank you in advance.
                    yes i know what could be, it's a script that should be activated just on first boot, but the final will have different framework so, i will remove that part of the script.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

yes i know what could be, it's a script that should be activated just on first boot, but the final will have different framework so, i will remove that part of the script.
                      Ok. Thanks. I will wait for the final !
                      The previous version (beta) I was using did not have this issue.
                      Last edited by LostEchoes; 04-02-2017, 12:26.

Comment

Xannytech

Spent quite a few hours reading through this thread over the passed couple of days, and looking to put this on my TX5 Pro (6255) once I have my male to male USB cable (I don't have a soldering iron to make my own as you have mentioned to people a few times).

One question I have, I noticed in your screenshot on page 1, you have Sky Go installed. Does your ROM allow you to watch Sky Go without the HDMI pop message appearing and stopping the stream? Would be cool to get my Sky Go working on my box also

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by m1tch3m View Post
                          Xannytech

Spent quite a few hours reading through this thread over the passed couple of days, and looking to put this on my TX5 Pro (6255) once I have my male to male USB cable (I don't have a soldering iron to make my own as you have mentioned to people a few times).

One question I have, I noticed in your screenshot on page 1, you have Sky Go installed. Does your ROM allow you to watch Sky Go without the HDMI pop message appearing and stopping the stream? Would be cool to get my Sky Go working on my box also

Thanks! Keep up the great work!
                          Use exposed module receiverstop, works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Use exposed module receiverstop, works very well.
                            Thank you for the quick reply and info, you're awesome!

When I install your ROM I'll do that.

Thanks again! Have a good weekend

Comment

Will Final Test2 work on nexbox a95x 2/16?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I tried this method, but still get the 'file is too big' error.

I sorted out my driver issue, and was able to use USB Burner Tool to flash the T2 rom. Amazing! I've customized my main screen to my liking and this thing just responds so quick compared to the factory ROM image (Nexbox 2/8GB S905x). I'm continuing to test and will report back with any useful feedback.

cjstuck

Comment

Working...
                                X