No announcement yet.

HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Please flash this boot.img and then test pass-through again in RKMC, Kodi 17 and 'Video' player.
    https://mega.nz/#!1cFAERjY!BrBwxCJ7g...T-mLt54ra_BAMw
    Change the location of the boot.img by clicking the last block.
    The location in the second column must be 0x00008000 and only boot selected in the first column.
    Click Run to flash.}

Upload files, for free, securely, anonymously, without limits. @UploadFilesFree

Comment

Originally posted by shivattaque View Post
      {Please flash this boot.img and then test pass-through again in RKMC, Kodi 17 and 'Video' player.
      https://mega.nz/#!1cFAERjY!BrBwxCJ7g...T-mLt54ra_BAMw
      Change the location of the boot.img by clicking the last block.
      The location in the second column must be 0x00008000 and only boot selected in the first column.
      Click Run to flash.}

https://ufile.io/714ef
      One extra thing you can do that will really help.
      Install Syslog

Then root from Android Settings - Accessibility Options - Root system and restart

In Kodi 17/18 and RKMC - System - System - Logging
      Enable all these
      -Enable event logging
      -Enable component specific logging
      -Specify component specific logging - Choose Verbose logging for FFmpeg libraries, Verbose logging for the audio component, Verbose logging for the Video component.

Then run the video tests again.
      After testing in 2 different Kodi's eg. Kodi 17.0 and RKMC(important to try RKMC)
      Then run Syslog app and choose to get all logs.
      It will ask for root access, say yes.
      Then press get logs again.
      Upload the zip file with the logs.

(Check that 'number of channels' in Kodi audio settings is set to 2.0 again)

Comment

Sorry for the extras but I did not understand how it worked

Comment

OK, Those logs will help a lot for SPMC. Last one, can you do RKMC with all the debug logging settings from post #137 and post the log and then just after that the Syslog logs again and upload the zip. I'm going to report it to try to find the cause of the whole pass-through problem. Maybe it is just something small to change.

Comment

... those logs are showing nasty segfaults due to Play Services.

BTW, RK's implementation of IEC HD audio is currently terrible. The only builds I've seen that can properly initialize the sink cause major video issues (not with that silly RKcodec, but with mediacodec, although RKcodec is a bust to begin with). Doesn't look good unless RK changes its tune on actually supporting public apis instead of putting its resources in its dead end RKcodec.

Comment

Kodi 17:

RKMC:

Comment

Hi Mo ,

thanks for answer , good i flash the 1.2 Version now , first impressions are good , but Time&Date still goes back to 16.1.2011 (offline)

the ntp sync Function and App i test later.

The German Translation need still corrections , did u really used my "HpHLauncher Translations ??? I know that "Alle Aufgaben Mörder" is

not from me and total wrong.If u add one German word like "eines" this means : The tasks of a Killer , this is not right .

I wrote "Alle Prozesse reinigen" , Android has nothing to do with killing human.

The System need corrections too , i report later , the two title of " Töne&Benachritigungen" are wrong " Benachrichtigungen" is right.

A few things more must be changed ,the Rest is good.

Nice that u want to make a "UgoosVersion" of your Rom , i hope that it will be used by many Users.You know i always debloat my Roms

and change many Apps that i prefer , even build.prob changes for Device.

have a nice Day

Greetings

gefattern
                Last edited by gefattern; 04-10-2017, 09:57. Reason: corrections

Comment

Kodi 17:

RKMC:

https://ufile.io/1fca4
                  I will upload 2 more test boot files for you.
                  In Kodi do you set - Disable GUI sounds always & keep audio device alive to'never'?
                  There is some background noise causing some problem in the logs.

Comment

{In Kodi do you set - Disable GUI sounds always & keep audio device alive to'never}

That's what I do.

And the strange sound that we see I think and the one I hear is a very sharp sound and that hurts the ears (DTS HD / DD THD).

Comment

{In Kodi do you set - Disable GUI sounds always & keep audio device alive to'never}

That's what I do.

And the strange sound that we see I think and the one I hear is a very sharp sound and that hurts the ears (DTS HD / DD THD).
                      Here are 3 boot.img you can flash and test.
                      Remember to set all the Kodi settings, and 2.0 channels, gui sound disabled, in the blue settings app HDMI Bitstream selected.
                      Test with Kodi 17 and RKMC.
                      So it will be 3 tests with 2 different Kodi's

In the flashtool, only boot selected and location - 0x00008000 as previously then press Run.

Test2
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Test3
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Test4

Comment

This may not be related. Not specific to this device or ROM, but generically, if using passthru and playing Dolby files, if the volume of the TV box is reduced from maximum by even one step, noise will result.
                        I like to use this feature to encourage lingering house guests to leave.

Does it sound like this? About 15 seconds in I return the volume to max and then back down and so on.
                        MP3.

Comment

That's what I do.

Please try images in post #145.
                          RISCy Dude's suggestion is also good and IEC pass-through has problems if not using full volume.
                          I read somewhere else enabling HDMI CEC can also help, I will enable it in another boot test image.

Please also test official Kodi 16.1
                          I don't know why but a user said all the pass-through worked correctly with some dropouts in Kodi 16.1 using Marshmallow firmware on Rockchip devices.
                          It will be interesting to hear the result.
                          http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

This may not be related. Not specific to this device or ROM, but generically, if using passthru and playing Dolby files, if the volume of the TV box is reduced from maximum by even one step, noise will result.
                            I like to use this feature to encourage lingering house guests to leave.

Does it sound like this? About 15 seconds in I return the volume to max and then back down and so on.
                            MP3.
                            Yes!

Comment

For the 16.1, It works because there is a difference on the way to read one does not see appear the DTS HD Master nor the Dolby Digital True HD:
                              (It works because actually it couples Dolby Digital TrueHD the DTS HD Master to replace it with standard DTS and standard Dolby Digital, But just cut the Dolby Digital True HD and the DTS HD Master so that it does the same on the other Kodi).
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I've noticed in some variants of Kodi, if a volume change is attempted, will pop up and state that passthru is in use and won't let the volume be changed. I don't know if that is a Kodi setting or device specific or firmware thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X