Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Smislow View Post
    With 1.8.1 ROM, when I switch to ART runtime, everytime on reboot it keeps updating apps (however many I have installed).
    I switched back to dalvik and seems OK.
    That's normal behavior. You have to let it complete all your apps. It will only do it on the first reboot after you switch to art. If you switch back to dalvick, it will do it again to rebuild the dalvick cache.

Some things aren't yet compatible with art, most notably gravity box.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smislow View Post
      With 1.8.1 ROM, when I switch to ART runtime, everytime on reboot it keeps updating apps (however many I have installed).
      I switched back to dalvik and seems OK.
      Maybe Randy forgot to include the ART compatible gapps in the rebuild

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.8 KK

Comment

Oooops...I didn't remember that little detail. I think there is a link to it somewhere in this long thread.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Twrp is very slow for me

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            I'm sorry but I don't understand what you said (english is not my first language, and some of the words you used are a little bit cryptic for me...)
            Hi Giouncino. I installed Riley's 1.8 Kitkat with the stock kernel and it worked fine.

Then I thought I'd try one of the other kernels you linked to and something went wrong.

Now when I turn on the tablet the Rileyrom emblem appears but then the screen goes black.

Can anyone help me fix this? Or does anyone want an unusual paperweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Garnett View Post
              Hi Giouncino. I installed Riley's 1.8 Kitkat with the stock kernel and it worked fine.

Then I thought I'd try one of the other kernels you linked to and something went wrong.

Now when I turn on the tablet the Rileyrom emblem appears but then the screen goes black.

Can anyone help me fix this? Or does anyone want an unusual paperweight?
              Which one did you install?
              Did you perform all the steps to install the kernel? Installing one of my kernel is IMPOSSIBLE to see the Riley emblem. You probably make something wrong.
              Did you remember to EXTRACT the kernel.img from the zip file before flashing?
              You can try flasing another kernel version

Don't worry it is almost impossible to totally brick the tablet installing a kernel.
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Thanks for replying, Giouncino. All I want to do is reinstall the RileyROM and the stock kernel that it came packaged with.

Comment

Touch screen issue

Hi,
                  since I installed RileyRom 1.8 on my M6 Pro, a little part of the touch screen is insensitive. I touch but nothing happens. Can you help me please?

Comment

make your Pipo TV tuner

Originally posted by valerima View Post
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T

you know in EU there different standards for dvb t ...see link above.

Hi, I bought this device and it works very well.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/WiTV-DVB-T...item33906629ea

Comment

i tried almost any kernel with 1.81.
                      Various problems appeared

from google play not responding, to being extremely slow or non responsive when you open tha internet

does anyone have tested and come to conclusion of a stable combination between rom and kenrel?

The bad thing, is that, also factory firmware, either the chinese or english from PIPO OFFICIAL cannot be rooted in any way.

Also stability problems from non touch responsive to screen not responsive appeared.

The more stable one, seem to be kasty's rom, but it is veeeeeery slow and is not fully support art

Comment

Originally posted by harryhatzi View Post

from google play not responding, to being extremely slow or non responsive when you open tha internet

does anyone have tested and come to conclusion of a stable combination between rom and kenrel?

The bad thing, is that, also factory firmware, either the chinese or english from PIPO OFFICIAL cannot be rooted in any way.

Also stability problems from non touch responsive to screen not responsive appeared.

The more stable one, seem to be kasty's rom, but it is veeeeeery slow and is not fully support art
                        Did you tried 1.81 without change the kernel? How it was?

Comment

Originally posted by harryhatzi View Post

stock ROM can be rooted with Root genius from a PC.

About kernel: I think you have other problems. Mod kernel doesn't lead to the problem you say...

Comment

Hi all. If nobody can help with the brick I now own, does anyone in the UK want to experiment with my paperweight?

Comment

Hi all. If nobody can help with the brick I now own, does anyone in the UK want to experiment with my paperweight?
                              my suggestion is:

1 - connect the tablet (In OFF state, NOT STAND-BY) to the PC via USB cable (use the reset pinhole to be sure it is in off)
                              2 - Open Batchtool 1.7 (THE STOCK FLASHTOOL NOT THE ONE INCLUDED WITH RILEYROM) Flash tool (to install a STOCK ROM)
                              3 - select a stock rom
                              4 - Press simultaneously power AND volume + of the tablet until the flash tool detects your tablet
                              5 - Press "upgrade"

make sure that: no SD is installed in the relevant slot, use original USB cable to connect TABLET and PC

If it doesn't work, try the same procedure but with the tablet connected with the wall charger.

I don't think your tablet is irreversibly bricked.

Comment

If you cannot fix it you can send it to me and I'll see if I can get it sorted. Cost would be the return postage.

Brian
                                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
                                X