Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
    After leaving my tablet outside for about 2 hours, the GPS tests sees up to 10 satellites and uses up to 6 for an accuracy at times reaching as low as 6 metres.

BTW my AnTuTu result is 20023 with all my apps loaded.
    Ha Ha!!

You reminded me to do my GPS as well. I loaded 2.7.2 ysterday afternooon , so it is now sitting outside - 15 mins and it only sees 2 satelites so far - patience, patience........ My antuu score was 18350 on KK, will do 2.7.2 once I have some satelites aquired (the technical term!) after that I will do my batery checks - how are yours Nordo? how long will your battery go for with Wifi ALWAYS ON when sleeping?
    Cheers,
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
      Ha Ha!!

You reminded me to do my GPS as well. I loaded 2.7.2 ysterday afternooon , so it is now sitting outside - 15 mins and it only sees 2 satelites so far - patience, patience........ My antuu score was 18350 on KK, will do 2.7.2 once I have some satelites aquired (the technical term!) after that I will do my batery checks - how are yours Nordo? how long will your battery go for with Wifi ALWAYS ON when sleeping?
      Cheers,
      Colin
      Because I'm currently only using my tablet for leisure, I've never worried about sleep mode or deep sleep. I just turn the tablet off when I'm not using it.
      I'll fully charge it up and see how it sleeps. How do you test the battery? Just the normal battery read out in Settings?

PS Mine has WiFi only - no 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
        Because I'm currently only using my tablet for leisure, I've never worried about sleep mode or deep sleep. I just turn the tablet off when I'm not using it.
        I'll fully charge it up and see how it sleeps. How do you test the battery? Just the normal battery read out in Settings?

PS Mine has WiFi only - no 3G.
        Thanks Nordo. Just charge it up then unplug it and let it do its thing. Set wifi to always keep on [in settings/wifi/advanced] and leave it to sleep overnight rather than switch off. When you get up wake it up and see what the battery percentage is. Yes, battery settings is fine for this as all we are looking for is how much battery is used per hour. When i keep my wifi ON i lose about 1% each hour. When wifi is off when sleeping i loose abou 3% in 8-9 hours. A massive difference. Others all seem to report the same from what I can tell. I am not sure we all understand the advanced wifi settings! Good luck and I look forward to your report tomorrow.
        Cheers, colin.

Comment

my m9pro still restarts intermittently during normal use

using rom 2.7.1
          PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
          PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
            my m9pro still restarts intermittently during normal use

using rom 2.7.1
            I Think Kenneth that several of us are suffering with unreliable hardware I am currently trying to get gps back which was working very well last week.

Comment

I Think Kenneth that several of us are suffering with unreliable hardware I am currently trying to get gps back which was working very well last week.
              you are wrong!

this is not hardware related as my tablet never had restarts issues on JB 4.2.2...it`s a kitkat issue

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                you are wrong!

this is not hardware related as my tablet never had restarts issues on JB 4.2.2...it`s a kitkat issue
                Well it could be. I never had gps issues until yesterday morning and now it does not seem to mater which ROM I Try I cannot get a fix. yes, I have even gone back to Finless1.5 and its the same, so I supect my hardware, NOT the firmware! So have you gone back to 4.2.2 to check? If yes then you could be right, BUT it doesn't see anyone else is having the same problem? Having said that I just got a mini reboot (on RR2.7.2) when starting titanium backup- straght to the boot anmation then a very quick time to the lock screen ?? Rgds, Colin I have spent the last six months trying to get this tablet to perform and to be honest I am looking seriousy at the Galaxy Note 12.2 Pro!! I have almost given up!

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 KitKat

Well it could be. I never had gps issues until yesterday morning and now it does not seem to mater which ROM I Try I cannot get a fix. yes, I have even gone back to Finless1.5 and its the same, so I supect my hardware, NOT the firmware! So have you gone back to 4.2.2 to check? If yes then you could be right, BUT it doesn't see anyone else is having the same problem? Having said that I just got a mini reboot (on RR2.7.2) when starting titanium backup- straght to the boot anmation then a very quick time to the lock screen ?? Rgds, Colin I have spent the last six months trying to get this tablet to perform and to be honest I am looking seriousy at the Galaxy Note 12.2 Pro!! I have almost given up!
                  I never had gps issues on JB and KK, i have a very good gps reception outdoors, regarding the reboot it's a hot boot not a full reboot which takes longer for the tablet to reach the lock screen.

Sent from my M9pro using Tapatalk

Comment

gps fix

You reminded me to do my GPS as well. I loaded 2.7.2 ysterday afternooon , so it is now sitting outside - 15 mins and it only sees 2 satelites so far - patience, patience........
                    Remember to run ntpsync first and hold it in potrait modewith the camera on your right. I'm not sure if it helps or not but the figure 8 compass calibration can't hurt either.

Comment

My $0.02

I've had this tablet a while....

Initially (stock ROM) WiFi was terrible and GPS didn't work at all...

I did the WiFi 'fix' (replaced the cable) and at least the tablet was usable...

I loaded the JB RileyROM and the tablet was transformed!

I then upgraded to 2.6 KK and it was a billion times better!

I've now upgraded to 2.7 and it is better still!

GPS works, the tablet is faster (AnTuTu 19620), the touch screen is soooo much more accurate... GPS, WiFi and battery usage are awesome...

It seems to me that I have been h/w lucky.... some others have hardware issues - please don't blame the ROM!

BTW the GPS test found four sats instantaneously without any ntpsync...

oh, it is a WiFi only version....

Comment

Thank you very much!

This is my first time ever flashing a rom on my Pipo m9.
                        The process was quick and worked well!
                        Your pdf is great!

I have one problem:
                        When setting the UI language to Hebrew, I get "com.android.systemui has stopped" after I restart the device. The only solution is to change the language back to English.

Is this a known problem? Is it solvable?

Besides that, your rom is amazing! It's like getting a new tablet!

Thanks.
                        Last edited by bomba6; 05-02-2014, 14:12.

Comment

Others have reported problems getting Hebrew to work. I don't know of a solution ATM.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

when i change to .2 my pipo dont start, it is writting only rileyrom with logo and it is all . please help

Comment

Originally posted by armspecial View Post
                              when i change to .2 my pipo dont start, it is writting only rileyrom with logo and it is all . please help
                              Do you mean 2.7.2? And have you removed your msdcard before flashing it?

Comment

i resolve problem ) Thanks Starcopy

Comment

Working...
                                X