Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
    Xannytechis it possible to set that "android" bootanimation in /system/media so it runs instead of bootvideo or after bootvideo?
    No, and if it run instead of Bootvideo probably you'll got your video darker due to the very well known darkvideo bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

No, and if it run instead of Bootvideo probably you'll got your video darker due to the very well known darkvideo bug.
      Oh...Ok...yeah right, I hate that bug thanks.

Originally posted by manvel View Post

I tried with "original" XTMODE3 also (without sk) , so may be you right it works only with TV beta 3 version..
      I just tried XTMOD 3.0 with replaced bootloader (from my stock nexbox rom), after first setup I updated supersu binary, (when supersu asks to update choose "normal" not "twrp" maybe that was a problem) rebooted 2nd time and all good. I can wake the box with IR remote but home button doesn't work - "Strange". {UPDATE: copied wrong remote.conf - now home works too} If this won't work for you, you have probably different version of nexbox A95x than me.
      Last edited by fluoir; 10-26-2017, 15:35.

Comment

I am getting this error when I try to repack rom with aml tool: "fail to pack images to complete image"
        A few hours ago I was replacing same files and did not get the error.
        I have been getting it from time to time and eventually I was always able to repack so I was
        ignoring it but now i got it maybe 10 times in a row. It drives me ******* crazy
        I searched the internet and I have found only 3 people ever posting about this - one of them was me. What the ****? Is it problem with my pc or what ? I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
          I am getting this error when I try to repack rom with aml tool: "fail to pack images to complete image"
          A few hours ago I was replacing same files and did not get the error.
          I have been getting it from time to time and eventually I was always able to repack so I was
          ignoring it but now i got it maybe 10 times in a row. It drives me ******* crazy
          I searched the internet and I have found only 3 people ever posting about this - one of them was me. What the ****? Is it problem with my pc or what ? I don't understand.
          Could happen for many different reasons (for ex.):
          1. Java not setted correctly in your system;
          2. don't keep open Usb Burning tool during compilation/decompilation,
          3. you forgot some files if you delete or rename wrongly some files this error could occur.

Then i use a different way to compile/decompile, so please decompile just level 1, or you'll get more than a single problem.

Anyway changing bootloader unfortunately does not work for all the nexbox, so many motherboard with the same brand and specific.

Comment

Originally posted by pierrottls31 View Post

That will be good if we can have a proper 7.1 XT mod for those boxes
            TWRP for 6.01 cannot work properly on 7.1.2 64Bit.
            Then your guessing it's right many partition location are changed, but do not mess with reset and so on or you'll get stuck with 7.1.2.
            I know how to reflash back 6.01, but it's not easy for everyone.
            For the last reason, dunno if a XTMOD based on 7.1.2 it's a good idea, i can prepare it easily, i'll port directly my personal 7.1.2 rom working on a S912 device perfectly, but could cause many problem regarding remote (cause it's coded in a different way), could cause problem with bootloaders, you're lucky, with your device, me not...
            So i probably prepare one of this, in spare freetime, but not sure about publicly posting.

Comment

Im getting the error "google play store stopped working" frequently on XTMOD 3 Rom, any suggestion to fix it ?
              Cleaned up google app data and rebooted still facing issues

Comment

Anyway changing bootloader unfortunately does not work for all the nexbox, so many motherboard with the same brand and specific.
                The problem in relationship between Nexbox bootloader and Xannytech recovery (TWRP) . It will work till first visit to TWRP, then it will stay there forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post
                  Im getting the error "google play store stopped working" frequently on XTMOD 3 Rom, any suggestion to fix it ?
                  Cleaned up google app data and rebooted still facing issues
                  Yes yesterday I started get the same error!!!

Comment

TWRP for 6.01 cannot work properly on 7.1.2 64Bit.
                    Then your guessing it's right many partition location are changed, but do not mess with reset and so on or you'll get stuck with 7.1.2.
                    I know how to reflash back 6.01, but it's not easy for everyone.
                    For the last reason, dunno if a XTMOD based on 7.1.2 it's a good idea, i can prepare it easily, i'll port directly my personal 7.1.2 rom working on a S912 device perfectly, but could cause many problem regarding remote (cause it's coded in a different way), could cause problem with bootloaders, you're lucky, with your device, me not...
                    So i probably prepare one of this, in spare freetime, but not sure about publicly posting.
                    Hello,

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude or anything else... Im not a dev so I probably misunderstood
                    Anyway, I understand what you are saying about going to 7.1/... I have a 1/8Gb version of A95X so I'm just looking at the fastest rom...
                    I'm use to create some ROM for A13 device and use to use /dev/nanda, nandb etc for parition, if you have a minute, can you tell me where to find those partition on Amlogic?

BTW, I just rapidly test your beta ATV rom... and it is really fast... one of the fast rom I have used on my A95X...; Wifi and LAn tested OK.. Did not do extensive test yet with recovery and/or root.... Will test later, but keep up the good works, this ATV rom looks really promising event so it is in beta Maybe you should create another thread for this ROM, i'm sure many of us will be interested

Cheers

Comment

About google play bug... me too got it yesterday i think they updated something that is causing this, probably i'll post a fix to be flashed through twrp.

Comment

Originally posted by pierrottls31 View Post

Hello,

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude or anything else... Im not a dev so I probably misunderstood
                        Anyway, I understand what you are saying about going to 7.1/... I have a 1/8Gb version of A95X so I'm just looking at the fastest rom...
                        I'm use to create some ROM for A13 device and use to use /dev/nanda, nandb etc for parition, if you have a minute, can you tell me where to find those partition on Amlogic?

BTW, I just rapidly test your beta ATV rom... and it is really fast... one of the fast rom I have used on my A95X...; Wifi and LAn tested OK.. Did not do extensive test yet with recovery and/or root.... Will test later, but keep up the good works, this ATV rom looks really promising event so it is in beta Maybe you should create another thread for this ROM, i'm sure many of us will be interested

Cheers
                        No pierrottis31, do not worry nothing in your mesage seems rude to me, i just explained few things not just for you but also for the others that are reading here publicly to avoid problems or request.

Comment

About google play bug... me too got it yesterday i think they updated something that is causing this, probably i'll post a fix to be flashed through twrp.
                          Awesome, you rock xannytech

Comment

For the users that got Google Play Bug i prepared a zip to be flashed trough twrp.
                            I tested myself but let me know if all it's ok
                            XTMOD3_MARKETFIX

Comment

Thank you Xannytech for this very good Rome of you.

I have a TX 5 Pro Box on this runs the Rome very well,
                              but have only a small problem, I try to install all the time Magisk.

Have the original zip of xda-developers.com, unfortunately, the installation via TWRP always breaks with the message Error 1.

Have also tried with the unSU Script zip Supersu to uninstall what
                              Root Checker is also displayed which is supersu uninstalled.

In many forums is said to install the original BOOT.img, this is unfortunately by
                              Xannytech not offered.

Has anyone of you managed to install Magisk.

please excuse my bad Englisch
                              Many thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Colossus View Post
                                Thank you Xannytech for this very good Rome of you.

I have a TX 5 Pro Box on this runs the Rome very well,
                                but have only a small problem, I try to install all the time Magisk.

Have the original zip of xda-developers.com, unfortunately, the installation via TWRP always breaks with the message Error 1.

Have also tried with the unSU Script zip Supersu to uninstall what
                                Root Checker is also displayed which is supersu uninstalled.

In many forums is said to install the original BOOT.img, this is unfortunately by
                                Xannytech not offered.

Has anyone of you managed to install Magisk.

please excuse my bad Englisch
                                Many thanks for your help
                                Magisk simply does not recognize the boot.img, it's not a rom fault it's a Magisk fault, because SuperSu hasn't problem with it.
                                Just for your information, also with Magisk installed you'll never get "Safetynet Passed", because selinux is disabled, and many other reasons, so it's really stupid lose time on it.
                                Anyway if you seaach a little bit there is also Suhide from Chainfire that has the same feature as Magisk.
                                There is also a Xposed Module SudoHide.
                                Last edited by Xannytech; 10-28-2017, 14:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X