Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tested it and the refresh rate switch it's buggy, what is the noise reduction in settings? Also playing HEVC files (jellyfish-90-mbps-hd-hevc-10bit.mkv, jellyfish-110-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv)is unplayable in spmc with amcodeq and with mediacodeq alot of frames droped, also 4K h264 120Mbps (jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv)seems that amcodeq doesn't work as cpu usage it's very high and alot of frames droped, with mediacodeq cpu usage is fine but alot of frames droped, so I gues with a 4K HEVC doesn't work either(didn't tested). I was able to play all files fine on the super celerom rom so it's some problem on this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by diniket View Post
      Hi tillaz87! Thanks for good job, your rom is very rock... Can I flash update with twrp?
      Yes I can we do an update without loose data?

Comment

Originally posted by Samekas View Post
        I have tested it and the refresh rate switch it's buggy, what is the noise reduction in settings? Also playing HEVC files (jellyfish-90-mbps-hd-hevc-10bit.mkv, jellyfish-110-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv)is unplayable in spmc with amcodeq and with mediacodeq alot of frames droped, also 4K h264 120Mbps (jellyfish-120-mbps-4k-uhd-h264.mkv)seems that amcodeq doesn't work as cpu usage it's very high and alot of frames droped, with mediacodeq cpu usage is fine but alot of frames droped, so I gues with a 4K HEVC doesn't work either(didn't tested). I was able to play all files fine on the super celerom rom so it's some problem on this rom.
        Hello..

what is the sc rom version you are using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Samekas View Post
          No idea what noise reduction is for, its from ugos.

For me that exact file your using to test (jelly fish) plays perfect with auto frame rate turned off, in fact every file I tested worked fine with it off.

but when I turn it on I have the same issue. When I turn it on all video in Kodi messed up..

I'm going to upload the videos I made.

Also only time my video was not smooth was when Kodi was reporting the storage device was not fast enough ES file manager had mounted my drive weirdly and it was causing issue so now when it askes me about default option with the popup box I press cancel.

Also the other rom you use is 6.0 based.
          amlogic messed codecs up when moving to 7.0 I noticed this straight away with YouTube before the update to the webview based app which fixed the 60fps issue. Other than that all is good for me.

I did say though its has a known bug so I need to look at porting the display res settings.

After that though if it's not working better for others I would just sugest using rom that suits your tv

Would like to here other people's input on auto frame settings though mainly on vs off?

Comment

Heres a thought.. to the people who don't have smooth video with it off

Try setting the box res to 1080@60hz or 1080@50hz

I know tv in the US are 60hz and UK are 50hz
            And also some 4k tv locked to 30hz because of hdmi 1.4

So mybe try turning off "auto change to best res" in display settings and test both manually set to the above.

its all I can think of as all my video is perfect with af switch off I can uoload videos to show this vs turned on

all with h265 (HVEC) 24fps / 30fps My tv always shows its at 60 but still smooth no skipping.

I will also test on my 4k Philips tv down stairs see if it's the same...

Comment

Can someone please answer ..
              Can we install the V10.6 without losing the data?

Comment

Originally posted by kole View Post
                Can someone please answer ..
                Can we install the V10.6 without losing the data?
                All option is to backup only "data" in twrp to external storage then restore it after flashing rom

Comment

Ok... Thank you

Comment

info AMLogic Noise Reduction is known to cause smearing, ghosting picture outputs with some displays

Comment

how to install aonther launcher?
                      want to keep atv system, only to change launcher

Comment

A word to the wise... your digital TV probably has the best noise reduction built in, if that is really what you need.

As for calibrating tv, very few peeps will use noise reduction, as to keep fine details from being removed from the source.

Honestly, I can't see a reason to use noise cancellation. Putting more emphasis on pure decoding should bring out the best picture.

Until you can determine which controls can be disabled completely on your tv, then enable them on the box, if needed. To have box settings set because someone recommends from another site, is asking for problems, because you be unaware why such settings are needed, outside of them saying so. Some may have a monitor, calibrated tv or projector, not a common tv. So box settings may help, but only if one knows the effects and proper adjustments.

Another thing is there is a contradiction from the above, as those with projectors, calibrated TVs and monitors, have each port on the tv calibrated to the source being used, or a video processor that will turn on, or adjust video processing according to video data. I truly think none of our boxes can distinguish Rec 601 over Rec 709 in the video stream to adjust. So any automatic setting, or always enabled setting may not provide proper picture in all cases.

To me there are way too many redundant features in boxes to complicate things for the average user. Example, i have all my video streamed from my 3 year old tablet. It's only job is to stream video directly to my tv, with out any processing done. If i need to have a box do some processing, then there is a problem with decoding, or somebody messed up the settings on my tv.

DVD standard falls in to Rec 601 RGB, while Blu Ray falls into Rec 709, 10 bit RGB or Wide. By the way none are compatible between each other, gamma color spec is totally different between them. So expecting a tv to properly playback both without adjusting between source video on a non calibrated TV is a very big gamble with how well your tv truly performs. Even though digital TVs have the ability to switch between the two, none are capable to properly dealing with the two without calibration. Once you have a calibrated tv, you will understand how critical it is to have untouched playback from each device connected to the tv.

Comment

Hello

Thank you for this rom! Can anyone let me know how to turn off auto frame and best setting in kodi for best video setting.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by vpmtl View Post
                            Hello

Thank you for this rom! Can anyone let me know how to turn off auto frame and best setting in kodi for best video setting.
                            Thank you!
                            its off by default

Comment

tillaz87 - thanks for your work! Just for information - I have successfully installed 10.6 on mecool bb2 pro. Wifi and remote are working fine. There is some mess with power on/off cec settings. May be it is incorrect Russian translation. When I suspend tv box my samsung tv turns off, although the appropriate option in settings is off.
                              I have logitech usb radio keyboard and mouse attached to the box. When the box if in suspend mode and I move mouse - the box turns on. Is there a way to poweroff usb in suspend mode?
                              I have tryed Russian firmware mode and had to add a script to init.d to fix some hdmi-cec and usb power glitches - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=71930221
                              It looks like I will need to use something similar with 10.6.
                              2All This script sends cec commands (or programmatically presses home key) and enables usb devices on poweron/resume and sends InactiveSource cec command and disables usb devices connected to usb1/2 ports.

Comment

im a big fan of tillaz87 work , but i dont like ATV , so i want to try the normal android version , but please can anyone tell me what is the launcher of that version i prefer the lighthome launcher over any other ,
                                is it already installed on the normal android version ? if not how can i install it

Comment

Working...
                                X