Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by velqn View Post
    Hello guys,

sharing my experience with the box. I was running SCV1 flashed long time ago with sd card method, so what did I do?
    - opened my box to confirm PCB (green)
    - downloaded SCV4 IMG - tried 2 sd cards - not a way to flash via sd card method, always stuck on recovery
    - bough usb A male to A male (box said that cannot be used to pc - pc connection) but still
    - tried all the external 2 usb ports - no chance/discovery under USB burning tool
    - opened box - tried the 2 usb hidden ports - and voila!
    - One of the hidden USB port was the OTG one
    - First flash was not OK
    - Booted the box into recovery (with pin holding while powering on)
    - flashed SCV4 img via burning tool
    - flashed SCV7A via OTA (sd card -> local update)

Now everything is perfect.

Hope my info helps.
    Hi, thanks a lot for this guide, i tried it, both with external and internal (hide) usb ports, but my pc can't recognize the device. When i installed for the first time Usb Burning Tool, the needed driver were installed as well, but now i really can't understand where the problem lies.
    Of course the device is in recovey mode when i connect it via male to male usb cable to my pc, but nothing.

Any idea please ?
    Thank you anyway.

P.S. is the alternative Rom, by the way, worth this hassle ?

Comment

Will this work on S32-V3(DDR4) 3/32?

Comment

Originally posted by flashback View Post

Hi, thanks a lot for this guide, i tried it, both with external and internal (hide) usb ports, but my pc can't recognize the device. When i installed for the first time Usb Burning Tool, the needed driver were installed as well, but now i really can't understand where the problem lies.
        Of course the device is in recovey mode when i connect it via male to male usb cable to my pc, but nothing.

Any idea please ?
        Thank you anyway.

When I flashed mine, my box wasn't in recovery mode, nor did it have the power cable attached. Also had issues flashing until I found this version of usb flash tool:
        https://www.entertainmentbox.com/how...-burning-tool/

Yes it's worth the hassle, is faster and far more stable than the stock ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by flashback View Post

Any idea please ?
          Thank you anyway.

I am not really sure. To be honest I tried on 2 PCs to make it work, both with windows 10 - on my desktop PC the flash failed, on my laptop (windows 10 again) it worked. But I immediately got the hub discovered in the usb burning tool. Everytime I do it like that - hold the pin on the reset button, then plug the power (USB cable plugged already to PC and device)...

To me the ROM is absolutely worth it, a lot of optimization in the FTMC (modified KODI) to enable all the good stuff. I did not test the stock 7.1 rom but I will remain on Superceleron`s roms.

Comment

Hello guys,

a rather stupid question, but can not figure it out. I am using the lighthome launcher, and have added by mistake 2 same widgets (spotify) on the bottom, where the icons are like on a taskbar... but how can I remove them?

I can only add new ones, but do not know how/what to edit to remove added ones.

Tnx

Comment

@ Velqn,

Fast method? Uninstall the app, your icons should go away. Re-install and add icon to desktop. I don't use default launchers.
              I bought Action launcher...similar to Nova Launcher, because I want more control of my desktop.

Comment

@ flashback,

Your problem is with Windows 10.
                It is worth the hassle as default firmware is so bad....

Try to install the World Cup drivers again...don't reboot. Use USB port(OTA) closest to power supply (10+ boxes so far).
                or
                Install World Cup drivers and reboot, might work.
                or
                Go into device manager and find World Cup drivers and make Win 7 compatible. Try to flash..or reboot and try to flash.
                or
                Go into device manager and uninstall World Cup drivers...reboot and re-install drivers.
                or
                USB mouse may interfere with Amlogic Burn Tool(My laptop). Start up Burn tool and remove mouse and connect China Box to flash.

If you have installed multiple versions of Amlogic Burn Tool, it might be best to uninstall and go into folders to delete leftover files...and drivers.
                Windows OS has gotten so user friendly since Win 7 that it is increasing difficult to use or support. ​​​​​​​

G-Luck,
                Reap

Comment

Magisk v14.5 beta is out and is more stable/faster booting(compared to V14).

Hello, welcome to the beta Magisk thread! First check the main thread before starting. I expect users reporting to at least have basic debug skills, this thread is heavily moderated so refrain from spamming with "useless" reports! Latest Magisk...

P.S. Titanuim Back-up works for everyday use, but...if you flash your China Box...Titanium can't use your back-ups (For me. )

Comment

Viper4Android FX v4 for Magisk v14+...no frills.

Sound was better from T.V. with this mod turned off.
                    Lots of options...maybe better for Bluetooth speakers or headphones.(Lots more options)

Installing Equalizer Pro(?) from PlayStore Giveaway had more umph from T.V. speakers.

Others Sound mods were difficult to install (hours..gave up).

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                      Viper4Android FX v4 for Magisk v14+...no frills.

Sound was better from T.V. with this mod turned off.
                      Lots of options...maybe better for Bluetooth speakers or headphones.(Lots more options)

Installing Equalizer Pro(?) from PlayStore Giveaway had more umph from T.V. speakers.

Others Sound mods were difficult to install (hours..gave up).
                      I installed viper4android fx for Magisk on my box. Made a huge difference to my speakers. My speakers aren't the greatest. Too much bass, not enough treble and mids. Managed to boost the mids nicely and fine tune the bass and treble. So now the voice range is much clearer and crisp. Also managed to give my speakers more gain, so now they sound really decent.

Comment

I have a big problem with 7.1.2 scv7a. After I start this from idle mode the network doesn't work. I have to disconnect and connect the cable or restart the whole box. It worked with aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_912_mac-20170602 that is 7.1.1, kernel 3.14.29 and version NMF26Q.20170602 test-keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxarn View Post
                          I have a big problem with 7.1.2 scv7a. After I start this from idle mode the network doesn't work. I have to disconnect and connect the cable or restart the whole box. It worked with aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_912_mac-20170602 that is 7.1.1, kernel 3.14.29 and version NMF26Q.20170602 test-keys.
                          Try use static IP instead of DHCP on your box.

Comment

It is a common problem, but in my end and other users, only by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable the problem is gone. It is annoying but the rom is worth it. Besides, I discovered that if the box is left alone for awhile (not suspended) the internet will go away as well. Just do the trick with the cable and that's it.

Comment

Or you can set IP reservation on your router. That's what I have. Easy to manage and DHCP still enabled.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I am running SCV7A 7.1.2 on a alfawise h96 pro+.
                                And its a really smooth rom.
                                Only problem i have is that my tv screen wil flash to green/pink/blueish color. Heard this was a common problem with old phillips and aony tv's.
                                I have a sony bravia and getting this problem.
                                Before on stock android 7.1 which i received the alfawise wit it. I still got the problem but on that rom i remember there was setting to use for old sony tvs after enabling those settings this problem was solved. But with this rom i can not find any settings that could solve my screen problem.
                                I have tried using other hdmi cables and different hdmi ports still same problem. I even updated my tv to latest firmware but problem is still there.
                                I used lower screen resolution but again no fix.

Hope someone can help me out.
                                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X