Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Doesn't happen with me, reflash maybe?
    On the nth try I got an "unknown error code during application install -24". Googling that helped me to find the remedy (delete the app's entry in /data/data/ and reinstall). Weird, but I'm ok now.
    Last edited by Molle; 01-11-2014, 23:15.
    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      the problem is that i don't remember what i changed. it will help me a lot if someone can figures out!

thanks
      Good news, not your fault. I have confused you, i have flashed every single kernel so far, none outputed sound over 3.5", then i remembered, i used SoundAbout and forced media through headphone connection, ive tested it to see if it works, it didint. I flashed your new kernel, and the system restarted, and the SoundAbout config kicked in,

So here is a dmesg with SoundAbout doing its job, hope it helps, if not, we can live just fine like this , dont count on it as a problem or as high priority, this rom has been brought to its legs slowly and look at it now, it's running .

Thnx for everything wasser, danke fur die muhe .
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Originally posted by Molle View Post
        Flashing just the kernel image is safe. You don't lose any settings.
        Which android terminal do you use? Can we use clockwork Rom manager? How do I know my x7 is rooted? I have finless 1.8 installed.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some items for consideration to make this ready and overcome lingering issues with minix x7 and android tv boxes in general:

- several streaming apps from major US networks wont stream video over hdmi and either give an error or crash. i know it's the app makers fault but i dont see them changing soon. For example showtime and abc apps wont stream over hdmi on 4.4.2, even though they did stream over hdmi under minix x7 006 fw (which was 4.2). Is there a way to make an app overcome the crash, or error they give when you have output over hdmi. Is there something in the new kitkat HWComposer 1.3 virtual adapter or GLES2.0 http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html that would allow for this or any other hack so we can have all channels outputing over hdmi?

- several streaming apps don't look for or even know about an ethernet connection and think there is only either wifi or 3g, so if they don't see a wifi connection then they will only stream at a lower bitrate, even though if there is an ethernet connection, they should stream at a higher bitrate. Same as above item 1, is there any way to make an app think it has wifi connection if there is an ethernet connection? For example verizon fios won't load unless you have wifi, google play autoupdate of app updates won't load if there is an ethernet connection until it has a wifi connection, slingplayer will only play at HQ level instead of HD level if there is an ethernet connection but will play at HD level under wifi, etc.

The above 2 items are real important in my mind in order to cut the cord

- Is there a way to remove the navigation bar (back, home, menu) at the bottom of the screen as you may have a keyboard with those keys instead and its great to reclaim the screen real estate?

- The volume fixes of vol+/vol- with an external RF keyboard not working an only having 100% or 0% and nothing in between. Pluto, did you find a wasser kernel from today or yesterday that worked on the volume changes, and if so, could you remember what version of the wasser kernel worked for you somewhere in the middle of the day so he can redo that change.

EDIT: I did finally realize there is an option in google play store settings to autoupate over 3g or wifi so that will now work when on ethernet. Sorry bout that.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2014, 14:25.

Comment

Originally posted by soyrme View Post
            - The volume fixes of vol+/vol- with an external RF keyboard not working an only having 100% or 0% and nothing in between. Pluto, did you find a wasser kernel from today or yesterday that worked on the volume changes, and if so, could you remember what version of the wasser kernel worked for you somewhere in the middle of the day so he can redo that change.
            No. There was never a fix, your Bluetooth sound and functions made me doubt straight away for SoundAbout. As soon as the system listens to soundabout, the output goes through 3.5" (hdmi as well as we already stated). However, increase/decrease works well. Even if i unplug the 3.5", the sound over HDMI is controllable through the buttons, and yea, mute is still missing. Increasing sound over 70% gives you the annoying headphones deafness alarm, heh.

I just moved to Apex btw, the stock launcher was acting weird, the active home screen was constantly flashing the new white mirrory effect, like if u held the mouse click on it. Apex already feels crispier, and with Ethernet working, 40gb 1080p mkv's play flawlessly baby, i mean playback is 1 second responssive. THIS IS A DAILY DRIVER guys.

Edit: i have a few suggestions as well, considering the natural flow, things are looking ironed out pretty much. I still have not learnt how to permanently change governer and min_freq, so OC'ed kernels are really needed (Molle?). A very needed feature is Multi-User environment, 5ghz wifi ap...
            Last edited by Pluto; 01-12-2014, 04:23.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
              Pluto reported that headphone jack works for him in one of the kernel from yesterday.

Pluto, or volunteer: could you please figure out in which kernel 3.5mm headphone jack and volume +/- works? it will help me a lot!

thanks
              I just re-tested every kernel you have posted from original thru current and none of them had the volume +/- working properly. All of the have 100%/0%/Mute instead of stepped changes. So not sure if Pluto had another experience with his keyboard where he saw a proper volume increase.

Comment

Originally posted by soyrme View Post
                I just re-tested every kernel you have posted from original thru current and none of them had the volume +/- working properly. All of the have 100%/0%/Mute instead of stepped changes. So not sure if Pluto had another experience with his keyboard where he saw a proper volume increase.
                I did exactly the same thing, i am the one who confused everybody here.

I was the one saying it's working since it worked when sound was going through 3.5", just like it was for you with the bluetooth. HDMI, it's two step, off and full.

Download SoundAbout, and under settings, the Media audio redirect it to Headphones, reboot and youll see the results. Buttons are going to work except mute, and youll have at least 10 steps of volume, it will work over HDMI as well, at least it works here.

It is not a kernel issue, that is for sure. Ive tested it with a kernel from 3 days ago where 3.5" sound output was not important at all, and SoundAbout fixes it, or whatever it does, looks like rerouting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by queonda View Post
                  Which android terminal do you use? Can we use clockwork Rom manager? How do I know my x7 is rooted? I have finless 1.8 installed.
                  I use the "standard" 'Android Terminal Emulator'.

If you're on Finless 1.8, you are rooted. You can test this e.g. in the terminal emulator by entering command 'su'.
                  Buy me a beer?

Comment

I have now been playing with this ROM since late yesterday evening and I must say I'm throughly impressed. Basically everything I use day-to-day works at least as well as with JB. Every app I had installed on Finless 1.8 has so far worked with this ROM as well.

Video playback is absolutely gorgeous and to my untrained eye color reproduction seems more vibrant than with JB. The patched XBMC for Minix Beta2 will install but hw acceleration seems to be disabled. SPMC and Beyond XBMC on the other hand work nicely.

I have not found any major issues but here are some suggestions for improvements:
                    • include Adobe Flash player
                    • add support for mounting multiple USB storages (if possible in 4.4)
                    • update the Reboot app to the latest version (1.2.0).
                    • a bit darker default wallpaper (I'm actually using 'No Wallpaper' from Play store)

The following JB features are missing (KK/SDK issue, not Wasser's fault):
                    • sound passthrough
                    • no way to enable tablet view by editing build.prop (i.e. move the notification bar from the top of the screen to the lower right corner)
                    • hiding the bottom navigation bar (not every app supports immersive mode yet).

Congrats to Wasser! Truly a great achievement.
                    Last edited by Molle; 01-12-2014, 13:21.
                    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Hi guys,

I try to execute command mount via busybox to mount NFS folder... i can't succed.
                      Same with app mount manager i can't mount smb share.

Someone have succed to mount nfs folder? or it s a rom / kernel issue?

About xposed, apk install succed... but module gravity don't launch.

Comment

Re: KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                        No. There was never a fix, your Bluetooth sound and functions made me doubt straight away for SoundAbout. As soon as the system listens to soundabout, the output goes through 3.5" (hdmi as well as we already stated). However, increase/decrease works well. Even if i unplug the 3.5", the sound over HDMI is controllable through the buttons, and yea, mute is still missing. Increasing sound over 70% gives you the annoying headphones deafness alarm, heh.

I just moved to Apex btw, the stock launcher was acting weird, the active home screen was constantly flashing the new white mirrory effect, like if u held the mouse click on it. Apex already feels crispier, and with Ethernet working, 40gb 1080p mkv's play flawlessly baby, i mean playback is 1 second responssive. THIS IS A DAILY DRIVER guys.

Edit: i have a few suggestions as well, considering the natural flow, things are looking ironed out pretty much. I still have not learnt how to permanently change governer and min_freq, so OC'ed kernels are really needed (Molle?). A very needed feature is Multi-User environment, 5ghz wifi ap...
                        To change the minimum frequency, as a temporary fix use the app Set Cpu and move the 'minimum slider' to 1ghz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                          To change the minimum frequency, as a temporary fix use the app Set Cpu and move the 'minimum slider' to 1ghz.
                          Same here (except that I'm using 'no-frills CPU Control'). Based on my initial tests I don't see any critical reasons for an oc'd kernel. 1080p videos play absolutely flawlessly with the stock one and the overall GUI experience feels much snappier than with the JB-based ROMs.

I have been using Marvin to build my customised kernels on sources which Phjanderson has modified to work together with it. He hasn't been seen in these forums for quite a while and unless he comes back to work his magic I'm afraid I won't be able to produce source-built kernels for KK.

The other option would be to use the 'rkpatchomatic' oc'ing tool (also by Phjanderson). I haven't tested it yet on Wasser's kernel, but I have a feeling the current version isn't compatible with KK kernels.

Maybe Wasser can produce some oc'd kernels in time, but for now I'm perfectly satisfied with the stock one. A greater priority, IMO, is to help Wasser test the overall ROM and report any bugs, issues etc.
                          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Running KitKat 4.4.2 and so far everything is working nice and fast
                            However, I do have a little problem that I cant seem to get working. On the Finless 1.8 rom I used a custom Void.stab file to swap my 64gb SD card with the External SD. It worked fine, but on this rom I cant get it running.

I put the void.fstab file in /etc with the normal RW permissions and rebooted, but for some reason it wont read it. I have checked the file and everything is as it should be.

Attached is the Void.FStab file that I use : vold.fstab.txt yes I do remove the .txt at the end lol

Can anyone please tell me what the problem might be.

Thanks
                            Gatekeeper179

Comment

Originally posted by gatekeeper179 View Post
                              However, I do have a little problem that I cant seem to get working. On the Finless 1.8 rom I used a custom Void.stab file to swap my 64gb SD card with the External SD. It worked fine, but on this rom I cant get it running.
                              Vold.fstab was removed in 4.3. Reading the xda-developers' forum, there doesn't seem to be any easy solutions for swapping the internal and external storages in 4.4.
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                                Vold.fstab was removed in 4.3. Reading the xda-developers' forum, there doesn't seem to be any easy solutions for swapping the internal and external storages in 4.4.
                                Thanks Molle. I will have a play and see what I can come up with (I will miss my 64gb, I like to install all my test apps etc lol)

Gatekeeper179

Comment

Working...
                                X