X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasser,

Thanks for your continued support of this project. Some comments:
    - Volume works now
    - HBO Go still stutters badly. Not sure why only on this rom vs. stock 10b, 006, 007, 008, 009 where it is fine. I have tried it at 1080p60and 50 and 720p60 and 50 which are the only settings my monitor has
    - Minix found a way to output over hdmi without getting stopped by apps that check and disallow hdmi output. They implemented this fix in their beta 10b. Are you able to find out how they did that and implement in your kit kat rom? Apps like showtime, fios mobile and xfinity won't output to hdmi.

I'll let you know other findings once i test some more.

Comment

Help

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      version 0.94

- kikat 4.4.2
      - usb webcam support
      - sound device manager
      - wifi support
      - ethernet support
      - bluetooth support
      - ir-remote support
      - init.d support
      - rooted
      - ntfs, nfs, iso, cifs filesystem support
      - preinstall es file manager
      - nova launcher
      - cwm recovery
      - added 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz

Link download: wasser-firmware-kikat-minix-x7-0.94.zip
      please use RKBatchTool to flash the new firmware

version 0.92

- Ugoos Ut1, k-r42, t-r42 and minix x7 (please select the correct kernel)
      - kikat 4.4.2
      - wifi support
      - ethernet support
      - init.d support
      - rooted
      - ntfs, nfs, iso, cifs filesystem support
      - preinstall es file manager, reboot
      - cwm recovery
      - added 1080p24hz, 1366x768p60hz support

Link download: firmware-wasser-0.92-4.4.2.zip

parameter files (thanks to 900supersport)

new kernels fix ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, ir-remote issue:
      kernel-neox7-720p.zip
      kernel-neox7-1080p.zip

oc kernels:

CPU: 1008/1200/1416/1608/1800,
      DDR: 720, GPU: 400/600
      kernel-minix-x7-160114.zip

CPU: 312/504/816/1008/1200/1416/1608, DDR:720, GPU: 133/200/266/300/400/600
      kernel-1080p-ddr720.zip

CPU: 1008/1200/1416/1608/1704/1800, DDR:720, GPU: 133/200/266/300/400/600, 1080P
      kernel-ddr720-cpu1800h-1080p

CPU: 1008/1200/1416/1608/1704/1800, DDR:720, GPU: 133/200/266/300/400/600, 720P
      kernel-ddr720-cpu1800h-720p

cpu1704h/cpu1800h gpu798h ddr800 1080P, cpu1704h/cpu1800h gpu798h ddr720 1080P
      cpu1704h/cpu1800h gpu600h ddr720 1080P, cpu1704h/cpu1800h gpu600h ddr800 1080P
      oc-kernels-1.zip

Be aware: it is your own risk!

Congratulations for the great job you have and are doing.
      2 questions: 1 application and can implement the internal memory? 1 gig and little
      Question 2: the camera app is missing what can I put on?

I offered you a beer

Comment

Beginners question

Sorry for beginner's question. In RKBatchTool--1.7 Upgade or Restore for 0.94?

Comment

Originally posted by Ico747 View Post
          Sorry for beginner's question. In RKBatchTool--1.7 Upgade or Restore for 0.94?
          Restore Up rom

Comment

I use upgrade

Comment

Screen Scale setting

Hi, wasser!

Very good job - great firmware!!!

But screen scale setting does not persist after reboot - Could you fix this problem, please?

Comment

Originally posted by magellano View Post
                2 questions: 1 application and can implement the internal memory? 1 gig and little

I offered you a beer
                I used this camera application, it works well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.camera

The problem I have is that the image is way dark. This is with any application that uses the camera.

Comment

I noticed if the system crashes and reboots wifi no longer works and to fix, a power cycle is required, sometimes two.
                  Also OpenVPN issues:
                  -I am unable to get openvpn Tun.ko to install and survive reboots, have to reinstall after each reboot
                  -if I connect via OpenVPN all is well but when I disconnect, box crashes and resets and consequently I loose wifi until a couple of power cycles later.
                  -tried updating busybox too, no dice

everything else looks and works great from what i can see. love the new features and am very happy to see recovery can talk to ext-sd now

Unfortunately, im dependent on USA Netflix and UK Netflix because Canada Netflix ain't so great, lol! i am back on 92 for the time being, but, i did flash the new recovery to 92 from 94

thanks again for the update. cheers!
                  Last edited by Cantenna; 04-11-2014, 02:09.

Comment

Cantenna, make sure you update busybox where it is already installed. The stock VPN i use works well, behaves normally after disconnecting, could be app related.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                      Cantenna, make sure you update busybox where it is already installed. The stock VPN i use works well, behaves normally after disconnecting, could be app related.
                      Thanks for the advice. I did try a smart install via busy box to system/bin and installed open VPN binary to system/xbin. Are you using tun or tap? I am trying to tun and I have to keep installing tun driver after each boot and it crashes after disconnect. I tied two of he more poular openvpn apps. I have tried by ethernet, only WiFi.

I'll give it another go this weekend when I have more time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
                        I noticed if the system crashes and reboots wifi no longer works and to fix, a power cycle is required, sometimes two.
                        Also OpenVPN issues:
                        -I am unable to get openvpn Tun.ko to install and survive reboots, have to reinstall after each reboot
                        -if I connect via OpenVPN all is well but when I disconnect, box crashes and resets and consequently I loose wifi until a couple of power cycles later.
                        -tried updating busybox too, no dice

everything else looks and works great from what i can see. love the new features and am very happy to see recovery can talk to ext-sd now

Unfortunately, im dependent on USA Netflix and UK Netflix because Canada Netflix ain't so great, lol! i am back on 92 for the time being, but, i did flash the new recovery to 92 from 94

thanks again for the update. cheers!
                        1. i will enable tun support in next kernel build so you don't need to load it manuell.
                        2 please give me the down url for the latest busybox, i will update it in next firmware release
                        3. what is problem wiht netflix. please provide more infos

wasser
                        http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by saddas View Post
                          Hi, wasser!

Very good job - great firmware!!!

But screen scale setting does not persist after reboot - Could you fix this problem, please?
                          it's known issue, i'm working on it.

hardkeyboard issue is fixed! it will be included in next release

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by magellano View Post

I offered you a beer
                            1. i don't understand your question
                            2. you can download from google

thanks for donation!, it's only used for new hardware, next coming rk32xx

Comment

Originally posted by safitocan View Post
                              hello community

can be a beast question:

can you get KITKAT on Minix neo x7 mini
                              the problem is that i don't have the hardware. I have asked minix to send me this hardware, but no response yet!

wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                                the problem is that i don't have the hardware. I have asked minix to send me this hardware, but no response yet!

wasser
                                thank you very much for your response WASSER.

Merci beaucoup CHEF

Comment

Working...
                                X