Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
    Anyway a "new" just revised and refined version is ready, i was waiting just cause i would like to add more wifi chips but actually i did just two test (AP6330 confirmed working and a unsuccessful Qualcomm 9377 test).
    I would like to wait cause next version will be the final of this kind of custom, i think i cannot do more, and i will work fully with a android tv custom.
    To be very clear is just a revised and refined version i just updated sqlite3 to the latest version, and worked a lot, but really a lot on various init.d scripts to speed up a little our device and automated cleaning... and a little fix for a weird ntp bug some reported on xda.
    So no revolutions
    I dont understand something...

A. Where is the link to this^ new version?
    B. Im very sad to see youre gonna stop to develop :\
    C. Can we install custom Android TV FW on the NexBox?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaniv View Post

I dont understand something...

A. Where is the link to this^ new version?
      B. Im very sad to see youre gonna stop to develop :\
      C. Can we install custom Android TV FW on the NexBox?
      A. it's on my PC, not uploaded and i will not for a while;
      B. I will not stop to develop... i never said that. But if i think i cannot do more on that type of rom, i would like to move to another project;
      C. Yes that's my goal for the next months.

Comment

Xannytech. I just flashed your V109 over Tanix Pro X5 on my Mini M8S II. Nice work, Kodi 17 does not access SMB (a known issue). I always lean towards ROMs where developers use TWRP. I do not mind playing as long as I can get back to a working ROM. Latest SPMC runs extremely well on your ROM. Tanix has a minor audio drop in Kodi on my box. Looks like I am going to keep this for a while. A beer or 2 is coming your way. My only real issue with your ROM is that my Vizio 4K TV remote wakes up the M8S. I see a that you included various remotes referenced on page 1. I'll play around with these.

Further testing points to the Vizio OK button as being the source for the power on/off culprit. I found a conf for the MiniM8S and it made now different. I'll play with the CEC setting.

CEC testing has proved to be ineffectual. Leaving the system in TWRP, eliminates the issue. Good enough for right now. I look forward to testing your future tweaks....
        Last edited by cjeman; 01-09-2017, 17:10.
        Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
          Xannytech. I just flashed your V109 over Tanix Pro X5 on my Mini M8S II. Nice work, Kodi 17 does not access SMB (a known issue). I always lean towards ROMs where developers use TWRP. I do not mind playing as long as I can get back to a working ROM. Latest SPMC runs extremely well on your ROM. Tanix has a minor audio drop in Kodi on my box. Looks like I am going to keep this for a while. A beer or 2 is coming your way. My only real issue with your ROM is that my Vizio 4K TV remote wakes up the M8S. I see a that you included various remotes referenced on page 1. I'll play around with these.
          Thanks i was waiting for you to test my rom
          The remote.conf files are in /system/media but i think it's a HDMI CEC setting... let me know.

Comment

Dear friends and users,
            very soon, i hope this evening (cause i'm having some little issues) i will upload a TEST rom for users with wifi 9377, AP612A and AP6330 chips added and a Bluetooth chip too but now i don't remember the chip name
            I'm waiting for testers....
            EDIT: for a test version i can't upload a zip and a .img file so just a img file i hope is enough and it's faster to do testing...
            Last edited by Xannytech; 01-08-2017, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
              Dear friends and users,
              very soon, i hope this evening (cause i'm having some little issues) i will upload a TEST rom for users with wifi 9377, AP612A and AP6330 chips added and a Bluetooth chip too but now i don't remember the chip name
              I'm waiting for testers....
              EDIT: for a test version i can't upload a zip and a .img file so just a img file i hope is enough and it's faster to do testing...
              I will test your file when its posted for you...thankyou for your hard work

Comment

Xanny, I've been looking for info about the booting process and how to works the update.zip file, but it's too unclear and difficult to find with certainty. I was thinking that maybe a universal solution would be to flash only the boot.img, recovery.img and system over the stock firmware, so as to keep the bootloader untouched. Maybe when you have the final rom, if you have time, we can try this.

Thanks for your work

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post
                  Xanny, I've been looking for info about the booting process and how to works the update.zip file, but it's too unclear and difficult to find with certainty. I was thinking that maybe a universal solution would be to flash only the boot.img, recovery.img and system over the stock firmware, so as to keep the bootloader untouched. Maybe when you have the final rom, if you have time, we can try this.

Thanks for your work
                  in that way you will brick your device, do not try youself anything similar!

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post

I will test your file when its posted for you...thankyou for your hard work
                    just wait a little bit more, i'm solving a issue and it's not so easy... It's mix of roms actually i'm fighting with a nasty bug on kernel init... for tonight i'll give up, i'll let you know
                    Last edited by Xannytech; 01-09-2017, 00:26.

Comment

Actually and it's an update for the interested: sorrowful i can just do a port of XTMOD custom based on a different fw with wifi 6377.
                      I was hoping for a "universal" all in one, but i need to recompile from sources the whole rom and it's not possible. I did almost everything and i praticcaly flashed test roms for 4 days.
                      To be very clear it's a manufacturer fault that used various dirty tricks to make the chip work with their fw...

But i found some other things to do in the next Official Version that i found working on other firmwares
                      Last edited by Xannytech; 01-09-2017, 15:10.

Comment

still sounds like good news to me. Thanks for the hard work

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
                          still sounds like good news to me. Thanks for the hard work
                          which device, wifi you own?

Comment

To explain better here because more than someone ask me in PM, i decompiled and remodded some Tanix Pro Roms with wifi chip 9377, i modded as the MINI M8SII Custom Rom i did, added the last patches and so on, and added all the wifi fws i own... result the rom with wifi chip working has a kernel that does not accept the other wifi chip config and modules, so, my dream to build a more universal mod is broken
                            But anyway i found also all the Tanix FW with some audio problems that maybe i will give-up with my idea. but maybe i can extract something good to port on my MOD
                            That's it.
                            And sadly probably is the end for the users with 6377 chips, because i won't release a Custom that i know has just little but some problems. That's my way of work.
                            I will continue to improve the custom based on V109 adding AP6330 and AP6212A support but probably for now i can't do nothing for the others. (maybe just a lat idea... but we will see) now i'm really really tired
                            Thanks to all
                            Xanny
                            Last edited by Xannytech; 01-09-2017, 20:25.

Comment

Can I install this with TWRP? Also has anyone got the remote.conf for Mini M8S II please? I will be coming from LibreELEC which my remote stopped working. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by makavelio View Post
                                Can I install this with TWRP? Also has anyone got the remote.conf for Mini M8S II please? I will be coming from LibreELEC which my remote stopped working. Thanks
                                yes you can install my rom with twrp choose the zip file, about remote i'm not on my main computer wait a little or search around on freaktb you can find it easly, but anyway it's the default remote in my custom.

Comment

Working...
                                X