Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=tillaz87;n708537]
    Originally posted by OCit View Post

Its just stuff I already said in other posts so don't feel bad it took seconds. but knowing what I know about android and how it works
    I will let other people waste time trying to fix a 3D problem on AX12 that the OEM won't even acknowledge or comment on

Beelink's stance on it is enough to not interest me. I would also avoid this OEM in future as they are poorly ran IMO.

I'm ether going back to a Shield TV or will give a rk3399 a whirl out of curiosity how they compare to amlogic (circus)
    Thanks, I utterly understand and given all the work you have done and doing just getting every ones input mechanisms working in itself must be exhausting, its pretty damn cool that you take the time. After this new amlogic experience I really think that its all at a pcb implementation level(cold solder joints etc.) and its a hit or miss. I came to look at Amlogic devices because of multiple Rocktrip fiascos it would appear again it really does matter which batch is received on both. Its understandable how people would want to be able to game with these devices, for a huge part of the world it provides a decent and affordable means to gaming only usually found on higher end devices which are monetarily inaccessible to many. Please If you do happen to do any development work on an rk3399 device please give a heads up to device and info and especially H/W version..haha. Thanks again this firmware runs perfect for absolutely everything I need it to do.

Comment

Hey tillaz do we have this "Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate" on this rom? Because on my tv Kodi needs to be able to do this for smooth playback. I think I might try magendaz last version to see if there is any difference

Comment

Originally posted by SocksKodi View Post
        Hey tillaz do we have this "Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate" on this rom? Because on my tv Kodi needs to be able to do this for smooth playback. I think I might try magendaz last version to see if there is any difference
        Yeah it's already there as it's based on same z6 release from last December it's in playback settings and needs turned on. its off by default

Kodi is crap on amlogic 7.x this update came with 60fps issues on YouTube that I noticed straight away so not surprised if it's messing with Kodi

the 6.0.1 releases are better for video playback for me

Comment

And did you try the youtube cast yet?

Comment

And did you try the youtube cast yet?
            What with airscreen?

Comment

The problem is that my TV is old so I need kodi to auto refresh framerate and with this ROM the mediacodec from kodi doesn't work that well, only amcodec but that is only available in spmc but spmc is jarvis and my build is Krypton so I think I'll go with dualboot with libreelec probably

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

What with airscreen?
                Yes! its kinda weird because youtube opens on the airscreen app for me and it kinda lags

Comment

The problem is that my TV is old so I need kodi to auto refresh framerate and with this ROM the mediacodec from kodi doesn't work that well, only amcodec but that is only available in spmc but spmc is jarvis and my build is Krypton so I think I'll go with dualboot with libreelec probably
                  Have you tried this Kodi fork
                  https://quickfileshare.org/39x/kodi-...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Or you can get spmc 17 krypton here (17.6a2)

Which is alpha build or beta not sure

Comment

Yes! its kinda weird because youtube opens on the airscreen app for me and it kinda lags
                    What color is your YouTube icon? If it's white uninstall the update the latest version for tv is crappy on these boxes

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

Have you tried this Kodi fork
                      https://quickfileshare.org/39x/kodi-...rmeabi-v7a.apk

Or you can get spmc 17 krypton here (17.6a2)

Which is alpha build or beta not sure
                      I get no subtitles on SPMC with amcodec (know issue)
                      I'll try the other one

Comment

I get no subtitles on SPMC with amcodec (know issue)
                        I'll try the other one
                        The
                        2017-12-13 20:15 76M
                        Build is also worth a try

Have you tried on stock are the subtitles still not working? Some stuff for subtitles was removed that I though was part of the media player app

Comment

It's a known issue on github when you have amcodec enabled you get no subtitles. I don't think it has to do with the rom but I might try Stock, Magendaz and your and test. Lot of work tho. I can try that version...

Comment

It's a known issue on github when you have amcodec enabled you get no subtitles. I don't think it has to do with the rom but I might try Stock, Magendaz and your and test. Lot of work tho. I can try that version...
                            Kodi got worse on amlogic with 7.0 because of the codec changes I'm going to give rockchip a try before going back to shield tv.

Comment

With libreelec that shit is smooth AF. But changing between android and LE takes like 30 seconds. Not a fan of wasting time

Comment

Ok... I just found out the stupidest thing. On display settings and resolution there is an option that says auto best resolution or something like that and I thought ok... It was 1080p24Hz and the interface was laggy. Out of curiosity I changed to 1080i60Hz and voila. Everything is perfect. Going to try kodi now.

Comment

Working...
                                X