Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with 706D want to try something to help understand the ram problem?

Comment

deleted. excuse me

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
        Anyone with 706D want to try something to help understand the ram problem?
        yes, i will help. i got the same issue.
        my serial number is A706DBDH, successful with burn card, never got the the usb tool to work
        i want to reset all the way back to the correct, original beelink firmware to see if my lost gig suddenly re-appears.
        besides that, what do you propose?

Comment

Ah so it's a wired controller and not BT?

When the gamepad is plugged in can you do this from terminal and tell me if you see your device

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

If its detected a .kl might be enough.

Otherwise we won't be to update the module as we don't have the kernel source for this rom and xpad.ko is built into kernel on this firmware.

If you rename your xpad.ko to xpad2.ko can you insmod?
          Yes, wired controller but with custom product id / vendor id...
          I already created a .kl file for my device but it was not showing up once the .kl file installed :-(
          The only solution I found for the moment was binary patching the kernel in order to replace an existing product/vendor id in xpad driver with mine. It works, but any update of your rom will require me to re-patch the kernel (not that fun...).
          I'll flash the original kernel and try to insmod a renamed xpad.ko module to see what it does but I'm not very optimistic since the driver name is hard coded in the xpad.c source code.
          I think I'll have to patch the kernel each time a new update is released (or wait until vorke update their kernel module).

Comment

Originally posted by mperreir View Post

Yes, wired controller but with custom product id / vendor id...
            I already created a .kl file for my device but it was not showing up once the .kl file installed :-(
            The only solution I found for the moment was binary patching the kernel in order to replace an existing product/vendor id in xpad driver with mine. It works, but any update of your rom will require me to re-patch the kernel (not that fun...).
            I'll flash the original kernel and try to insmod a renamed xpad.ko module to see what it does but I'm not very optimistic since the driver name is hard coded in the xpad.c source code.
            I think I'll have to patch the kernel each time a new update is released (or wait until vorke update their kernel module).
            Just ask me if i made any changes to ramisk with any updates, if no then you can just restore your patched boot.img with twrp after backing it up
            if yes then just swap my ramdisk with one in your patched boot.img

When the gamepad is plugged in can you see your device with

?

Comment

try this the 2gb dtb has ram config for 3gb [ATTACH]n708106[/ATTACH] flash in recovery

this might actually only work in a burn image though like when i re-partitioned the system, let me know 706D only
              has anybody tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted714 View Post

has anybody tried this?
                I try this and box is dead, after that I install Vorke original firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221) and I have 2GB but box works great (antutu score 49.900), after that for curiosity i try Vorke Plus firmware but no luck in burning because Plus have DDR3 ram, with Beelink original firmware I have back 3GB RAM. Than I return to tillaz87 V10.1 and for now I remain with this rom. If I have time I will try libreelec becuse in forums they speak that of GT1 probably have fake RAM https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/11...2gb-libreelec/

Comment

Does the V10 give full support of xbox360 wireless controller (as v8) without any issues? From v8 the only way is flash with USB burning tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer81 View Post
                    Does the V10 give full support of xbox360 wireless controller (as v8) without any issues? From v8 the only way is flash with USB burning tool?
                    Yes everything from v8/9

Comment

Originally posted by Clayman_32 View Post

I install Vorke original firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221) and I have 2GB but box works great (antutu score 49.900)
                      How could you get a complete antutu score on Vorke_Z6-20171221 stock firmware?

3D is broken on that because of openGL I had to fix it. in fact I just gave them the fix yesterday on their freaktab forum

Comment

This fix run in for GT1 Ultimate 3/32? How I can install? By recovery?
                        with this fix improves performance in 3d games?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ojerez View Post
                          This fix run in for GT1 Ultimate 3/32? How I can install? By recovery?
                          with this fix improves performance in 3d games?
                          Thanks
                          if your using this rom its already included

Comment

Just ask me if i made any changes to ramisk with any updates, if no then you can just restore your patched boot.img with twrp after backing it up
                            if yes then just swap my ramdisk with one in your patched boot.img

When the gamepad is plugged in can you see your device with

?
                            Ok, this sound reasonable for your modifications. But I guess each time Vorke will update its ROM we won't know if they have changed the kernel.

Concerning the output of cat ./proc/bus/input/devices, now that I have patched the kernel of course I can see it. But I guess you would like to know if it shows up when I use the original kernel no ?

By the way another question (not only for you Tillaz87 but for all : how do you all deal with the default read only access that current android version enforce for SD and external devices ? On non android TV ROMS applications can ask external device write permissions through the builtin android file manager. But it does not seem to work on android TV (at least FIle Commander tells me "there is no application to perform this action" when I try to do so). The other solution is to install Xposed framework and a module that allows write access to SD but I'm wondering if some of you have other / better solutions not involving Xposed framework.

Comment

Originally posted by mperreir View Post
                              But I guess each time Vorke will update its ROM we won't know if they have changed the kernel.
                              That wont be to often.
                              I see new hardware from these Chinese OEM coming very soon with 8.0 as the selling point, they then forget about z6 like the others before it.

Concerning the output of cat ./proc/bus/input/devices, I guess you would like to know if it shows up when I use the original kernel no ?
                              yes any trace of it

By the way another question (not only for you Tillaz87 but for all : how do you all deal with the default read only access that current android version enforce for SD and external devices ? On non android TV ROMS applications can ask external device write permissions through the builtin android file manager. But it does not seem to work on android TV (at least FIle Commander tells me "there is no application to perform this action" when I try to do so). The other solution is to install Xposed framework and a module that allows write access to SD but I'm wondering if some of you have other / better solutions not involving Xposed framework.
                              I just root with magesk or SuperSU then use ES File Explorer

Comment

Installed 10.1 yesterday. Huge improvement from 6.0.1. My TV suddenly looks updated. Thanks a lot, tillaz87

Few questions: Can I cast live NHL streams from chrome on my android phone to GT1? If yes, how?

This ROM seems to be based on Xiaomi box. Just curious if the Shield TV was an option (Can be used as a plex server?)

Thanks,
                                Vab

Comment

Working...
                                X