Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

For me phone / tablet android sucks on these boxes because most apps need a air mouse pointer and some don't even work properly. so this is never going to happen from me in fact once upload the next version I'm away from here and back to shield tv

You can still use all apps anyway you just need to side load them and once you have aptoide you have access to all apps

But Magendanz + others have that type of rom anyway
    could just use one of them really
    No one has any recently updated rom. You don't need an air mouse if you have a mini keyboard, which anyone should have

Comment

SuperCeleron had a good rom going, and then apparently got all lazy. If I had the expertise and time, I'd just make one, but I'm a sales manager, not a programmer. I appreciate your time and effort, I really do, just would have been nice to have both options.

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Sales Manager your target is well OFF
        Manage your talk or feel the wroth,
        Running Down Devs is Not a good thing.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Lazy? We do have real jobs and families. Sometimes those take priority over the stuff we give away for free.

For me phone / tablet android sucks on these boxes because most apps need a air mouse pointer and some don't even work properly. so this is never going to happen from me in fact once upload the next version I'm away from here and back to shield tv

You can still use all apps anyway you just need to side load them and once you have aptoide you have access to all apps

But Magendanz + others have that type of rom anyway
      could just use one of them really
      @tillax87, one thing is for sure, I much appreciate your effort, thank you very much

can I use another launcher with this rom, I mean it would be kind of a bypass of this being an ATV

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post
        SuperCeleron had a good rom going, and then apparently got all lazy. If I had the expertise and time, I'd just make one, but I'm a sales manager, not a programmer. I appreciate your time and effort, I really do, just would have been nice to have both options.
        that is a bit unfair, Superceleron works and has a family, most probably he needs to give more attention to those aspects then to build roms for us, but of course I still miss his work

Comment

I wasn't running anyone down, as I don't know his situation, but when I personally say that I will do something, I do it.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
            RISCy Dude commented
            Editing a comment
            So you have never had life interfere with a soft commitment you have made, to anyone about anything, over the course of your whole existence? That seems highly improbable.
            People have lives and real commitments to family, self, clocks, bosses, and other substantial things. Sometimes those things interfere with less substantial commitments. At least that's how it plays out for most humans. Suggesting laziness be the cause, is arrogant.

Originally posted by TigTex View Post
          Hey, I'm testing this rom and this is what I've found so far
          - If you switch off wifi while using ethernet, some apps tell you that you are offline (I've seen this in other roms)
          - Autoframerate switching on Level 1 doesn't do anything and level 2 reduces the screen to 24fps (as expected) but the videos are skipping a lot of frames. Also, when you stop playing a video, it still keeps de 24p setting instead of going back to 60p. The only rom that this works is android 6 from superceleron
          - I can use my air mouse remote control with the on screen keyboard. The "OK" button isn't accepted as a mouse click. In every other app or setting the "OK" works. It just doesn't work with the on screen keyboard.
          - It's missing a browser. I can't download anything like a file explorer or aptoide, I have to sideload everything
          - When the cpu is under heavy load, the mouse cursor stops moving / stutters (probably something related with the cpu performance governor)
          - On 1st kodi startup, the app crashes and you can't choose "close this app", you have to restart the box
          - The mouse cursor is too small @ 4k
          Do you have a github repo so that someone could have a look at those issues?
          It might be nice to thank the man for his tireless free work. It seems nowadays unless it suits someone's personal preferences, people find no need to acknowledge or thank others for their time. Its understandable why the man wants to disappear from developing here. Way to look a gift horse in the mouth, feedback is vital but not when a majority of the concerns have been addressed in prior posts. BTW you can go into the play store on a different device and tell it to install chrome to the box, you can also use aptoide through Kodi but guess you will need to read to put in some effort. Tillaz87 thank you for the ROM and all your contributions they will be sorely missed.
          Last edited by OCit; 02-24-2018, 21:28. Reason: Illiteracy

Comment

For me phone / tablet android sucks on these boxes because most apps need a air mouse pointer and some don't even work properly.
            Agree with you. And global searching on android tv it's fine. All apps for simple android works normally on your rom. I can't understand why simple android more prefered on TV Box for somebody. I'm very sorry that you away from here. And thank you much for your job. Good Luck with shield tv! Thanks.
            Originally posted by OCit View Post
            Tillaz87 thank you for the ROM.
            YES!!!
            ... I like setup apps via ADB from my PC and no problem with it. Therefore no need use playstore even. Why for someone its a problem using it? don't know...
            Last edited by konshul; 02-24-2018, 22:00.

Comment

exactly its the tv play store as this is android tv for people who actually want that other roms for people who dont
              Android TV is basically made for TV platforms, and has been trimmed down to be more efficient than phone or tablet versions. The launcher can be replaced by other variants by 3rd party or other boxes.

IMO Android TV firmware us best for boxes, and rather have it on my tablet, as it Is wifi only, and has a 16:9 1280 screen for optimal landscape use.

One thing I will try out is using my 8 inch tablet as a smart remote controller (WYSIWYG) to operate difficult apps and navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

@tillax87, one thing is for sure, I much appreciate your effort, thank you very much

can I use another launcher with this rom, I mean it would be kind of a bypass of this being an ATV
                Sideload your launcher then delete system/priv-app/LeanbackLauncher and reboot

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

that is a bit unfair, Superceleron works and has a family, most probably he needs to give more attention to those aspects then to build roms for us, but of course I still miss his work
                This exactly for me, my job at work gets crazy busy now we are nearing release date. I just don't have the time right now.
                it ended the same way on modaco and xda when I done roms for phones
                Last edited by tillaz87; 02-25-2018, 01:39.

Comment

In some ways its more understandable why things got so much more bitchy and regimented on XDA throughout the years, as peoples personal needs increase their ability to have any thought of other peoples usually decrease. No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckMate View Post
                    try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9kq31cxm8...5WIFI.zip?dl=0

I have corrected this from dmesg

Code:
                     [   23.781518@1] dhdsdio_download_code_file: Open firmware file failed /etc/wifi/6335/fw_bcm4339a0_ag.bin.bin
                    [   23.790551@1] _dhdsdio_download_firmware: dongle image file download failed
                    [   23.797512@1] dhd_bus_devreset Failed to download binary to the dongle

Comment

Actually fixed my bluetooth issue on GT1 with S/N starting with B706D. Thanks tillaz

Comment

Sorry if this has already been answeared before but since I flashed this ROM, my GT1 Untimate recognize only 2GB out of the 3. Is it realeted to beelink using fake RAM or something or an issue with the ROM or a step I missed in the flash procedure ? Thanks.

Comment

Hello
                          this problem is since the new versions of this box android .... beelink is the cause.
                          the custom rom has nothing to do

Comment

Sideload your launcher then delete system/priv-app/LeanbackLauncher and reboot

This exactly for me, my job at work gets crazy busy now we are nearing release date. I just don't have the time right now.
                            it ended the same way on modaco and xda when I done roms for phones
                            many thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X