Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV4A-ATV 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 - ANDROIDTV VERSION)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well dunno what can be your problem m8
    My box come from factory with problems, it wont start with the remote when you shutdown, also in shutdown mode it gets hot really hot lol and now the ports are dying of all my unplug and plug again on rom making.... so... the hw is not that great on this boxes on the earlier hw revisions like yours and mine, dunno the newer ones!
    interesting! since installing your firmware on my S10 Box, i cant power it with remote. power down works good, also standby and wakeup.

Comment

Originally posted by derbundy View Post

interesting! since installing your firmware on my S10 Box, i cant power it with remote. power down works good, also standby and wakeup.
      That is normal is because of different bootloaders!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

That is normal is because of different bootloaders!
        The IR Code for power on is coded into the bootloader right? i tried the S10 Remote, it wont power it on (it wont work at all). Tried the H96 remote, it also wont work for power on. The H96 remote should work, or not?

Comment

Long as it same yup.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pfornaro View Post

Could you please tell me how to flash through SD card, plese? I would avoid USB burning tool since it scared me the last time with those plug in/off and several attempts to flash the ROM. Thanks in advance
            Check this guide with screenshots: http://www.techzbyte.com/2017/02/how...vices-via.html
            To install after flashing, power off, press reset pin with paperclip or so, power on and release paperclip after a couple of seconds

Comment

I tested the ROM for a while yesterday and it looks very promising. I do notice tearing in 4K video after a while though, I suspect this is caused by the chip getting too hot. Also, Plex is somehow not really working as it is transcoding both audio and video for assets that play out fine using Kodi. Any feedback/tips on this matter are welcome (not sure how Plex determines which codecs are supported?). Last, I hope the Android TV version of Netflix will work at some stage. The current mobile variant is not ideal imho.

Comment

Originally posted by straumli View Post

Check this guide with screenshots: http://www.techzbyte.com/2017/02/how...vices-via.html
                To install after flashing, power off, press reset pin with paperclip or so, power on and release paperclip after a couple of seconds
                Ok, got it, thank you. One last question... How can I check mi wifi chipset? I noticed there are 2 ROMs so I wouldn't flash the wrong one

Comment

Could someone confirm chromecast capabilities actually work on this ROM?

Also, I was testing video playback and 'adjust display refresh rate' doesn't work. Tested on both SPMC & FTMS.

Comment

Originally posted by futr0 View Post

Also, I was testing video playback and 'adjust display refresh rate' doesn't work. Tested on both SPMC & FTMS.
                    I could also not get chromecast to work (device was not detected)

Comment

Same here for chromecast. When installing a third part chromecast tool, it works. Airplay works sometimes but not as stable as it should. Iphone airplay connection with amazon video does not work at all (and amazon prime video app will crash with this build, when installed on my box). So the streaming part seems to be a bit buggy right now

What about the Powerbutton when the box is shut down (not standby), does power up via IR remote work for you guys?

Comment

Same here for chromecast. When installing a third part chromecast tool, it works. Airplay works sometimes but not as stable as it should. Iphone airplay connection with amazon video does not work at all (and amazon prime video app will crash with this build, when installed on my box). So the streaming part seems to be a bit buggy right now

What about the Powerbutton when the box is shut down (not standby), does power up via IR remote work for you guys?
                        What 3rd party tool you use for chromecast?

Comment

IR power down/up works for me.
                          @superceleron: Not sure if possible/allowed, bit if you host your builds on e.g. github we might be able to track defects and feature better?

Comment

What 3rd party tool you use for chromecast?
                            Its called AirScreen. Dont know it its good, was only for testing.

Comment

Power button works perfectly on my H96 Pro+ (not Alfawise) 3GB DDR3/32GB on this FW.
                              Single press puts Android to stand-by and wakes up instantly
                              Long press allows to select shutdown/restart and when box is shut down, the power button starts the box.

Comment

Last, I hope the Android TV version of Netflix will work at some stage. The current mobile variant is not ideal imho.
                                Nop that one only works on L1 devices!

is working just fine here... enable "HDMI sefl-adaption" in "Playback Settings" in android settings of course...

it wont work... and never will!

​​​​​​​

IR power down/up works for me.
                                @superceleron: Not sure if possible/allowed, bit if you host your builds on e.g. github we might be able to track defects and feature better?
                                Nop, i cant do that! i dont have the sources and git is only for sources!
                                Besides im stopping developing in for this device for some time, i have lots but really lots of other boxes to update and some to make new roms....

Comment

Working...
                                X