Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I try to test 'free' command on terminal app but it's impossible for GT1 to boot do to system ui crashes on startup (and many other apps crashes). Probably I have this error after restoring previous settings with titanium backup so next time I restore only apps.

Comment

tillaz87 congratulation to this v10B! Smooth like butter, and much faster than v9. No more hangs. Mouse cursor little bit bigger than accustomed, but it's a taste question.
      Thank you very much for your effort and love to this release!

Comment

Two weird things to point out.
        In more settings->Languages & input->Pyshical keyboard: I disabled virtual keyboard but it still shows up.
        In more settings->Accessibility: Large mouse pointer is disabled but I think it's too big imo

Comment

Fixed the first issue by installing NullKeyboard. Is it possible to put text search instead of voice search as default?

Comment

tillaz87 I checked new ROM and 3D games issue still exist. This is probably Beelink SN AX12 HW/SW issue and from what I see it looks like not enough memory for GPU. If anything works it is only when I decrease resolution using GLTools or screen refresh rate to 24 HZ, but then it is hard to play. On one of the forum someone wrote:

In any case I noticed that Beelink moved all the GPU memory carveouts on the CMA. This, with 3 GB of ram (and even with 2 GB), it's quite useless and, if it's not well configured, could cause the gpu issues we are experiencing. I suggest to Beelink (or to someone more able than me with custom roms) to disable the CMA for the GPU. I'm not sure it will resolve the problem but it would be a good starting point.

Is there any way to check that? I can make some tests and get logs, but I need to know what and how to do. Please let know what you think about that?
            Last edited by lapillo; 02-02-2018, 14:15. Reason: Added beelink serial

Comment

Originally posted by lapillo View Post
              tillaz87 I checked new ROM and 3D games issue still exist. This is probably Beelink SN AX12 HW/SW issue and from what I see it looks like not enough memory for GPU. If anything works it is only when I decrease resolution using GLTools or screen refresh rate to 24 HZ, but then it is hard to play. On one of the forum someone wrote:

In any case I noticed that Beelink moved all the GPU memory carveouts on the CMA. This, with 3 GB of ram (and even with 2 GB), it's quite useless and, if it's not well configured, could cause the gpu issues we are experiencing. I suggest to Beelink (or to someone more able than me with custom roms) to disable the CMA for the GPU. I'm not sure it will resolve the problem but it would be a good starting point.

Is there any way to check that? I can make some tests and get logs, but I need to know what and how to do. Please let know what you think about that?
              Beelink are a joke.. so many different hardware configs for this box, its a lucky dip buying one.
              The 706D variant also has RAM differences that cause it to default to 2G RAM. Does stock AX12 firmware also have this issue?
              hard for me to debug as I don't have.

Comment

Flash beta rom or wait for final version?

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

Beelink are a joke.. so many different hardware configs for this box, its a lucky dip buying one.
                  The 706D variant also has RAM differences that cause it to default to 2G RAM. Does stock AX12 firmware also have this issue?
                  hard for me to debug as I don't have.
                  With the stock is the same (3d not working), beelink does not reply and actually for last couple of months I did not saw any thread saying it is fixed. Last month when 707 was released beelink replies that will check and this is all about that. Only hope is that someone who has huge knowledge can check what is wrong with this version. If there is any app that can ba run co get deep hw info or debug GPU in details, I'm willing to run it.

Comment

With the stock is the same (3d not working), beelink does not reply and actually for last couple of months I did not saw any thread saying it is fixed. Last month when 707 was released beelink replies that will check and this is all about that. Only hope is that someone who has huge knowledge can check what is wrong with this version. If there is any app that can ba run co get deep hw info or debug GPU in details, I'm willing to run it.
                    tillaz87Beelink moved all the GPU memory carveouts on the CMA. This, with 3 GB of ram (and even with 2 GB), it's quite useless and, if it's not well configured, could cause the gpu issues we are experiencing.
                    Highly doubt its this as v10 is not using beelink kernel or firmware, so if the above was true it would be effecting all of us and not just AX12

I suspect AX12 has bad hardware and possibly why 706D came soon after as beelink wont even acknowledge the issue with AX12
                    probably because they know its hardware. which then legally should call back all AX12 with RMA like Nvidia had to do.. (and did for me)

But this is Chinese so that's never going to happen.. You have more chance of "Jensen Huang" knocking on your door with a unreleased shield TV.

I have some tests later on you can do to try gather info on whats broke

Comment

Originally posted by macavita View Post
                      Flash beta rom or wait for final version?
                      This, as it could be the final version

Comment

Can I flash this one on a beelink mxiii, CPU s905?

Comment

Originally posted by macavita View Post
                          Can I flash this one on a beelink mxiii, CPU s905?
                          no this is s912

Comment

This is screenshot from terminal app after testing <free> command
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

from terminal app enter "free" and show me the total

then open a game, double press home button straight after and go into terminal and enter "cat /d/mali0/gpu_memory"
                              show me the result

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

from terminal app enter "free" and show me the total

then open a game, double press home button straight after and go into terminal and enter "cat /d/mali0/gpu_memory"
                                show me the result
                                See results:
                                1 - after reboot
                                2 - buggy race launched with full details. After loading game is stucked
                                3 - changed output settings to 1080p-24hz. Game is working but only 15 fps
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X