Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

That's actually how android is supposed to use ram, forcing the system to always have lots free would be be like reducing the maximum amount available.
    what use would it be to always have 1gb free? I never understood why people on these forums feel more free ram is better. I normally have about 500Mb free which is normal on a 2GB device.

I've personally not noticed any of this, and always have 55 games and about 10 apps installed. did you do clean install?

maybe wait for z6 based ROM its performance is better.
    Ha! That is why I did not get a 3gb box. A Gig of total waste of memory you probably will never use even in customisations.

I have a customised 2gb Samsung tablet, with a lot of system apps and lib files that were added from other devices. I have about 400 Mb free on my 2gb partition.

I figure the makers of 3 gb boxes expected 64bit apps and os to be bulky and gave plenty to work with. Plus it is a marketing gimmick, for those who think bigger is better, and won't need much to change existing hardware for more sales for pro models. I wonder if we will see 4gb boxes with oreo for next year. Ha!

Comment

Added link to stock A706D on first post, you use this if your S/N starts with A706D
      Thanks again, the stock firmware for A706D you give a link works and now I have working GT1 Ultimate with your patch v9. I give some feedbeck after testing it in a coming days, but probably I will install your modified Vorke Z6 rom soon after you post it.

Comment

Does someone knows a good remote controller with built in mic to use the voice search in home page and youtube app?

Comment

Originally posted by Guus View Post
          Does someone knows a good remote controller with built in mic to use the voice search in home page and youtube app?
          It's not as usable as a remote with mic, but you can use a webcam with a built-in mic connected to USB...

Comment

Minix A3. One of the best remote out there

Comment

Originally posted by SocksKodi

Minix A3. One of the best remote out there
              Thanks!
              Originally posted by met67

It's not as usable as a remote with mic, but you can use a webcam with a built-in mic connected to USB...

Comment

T3-M works flawlessly

Comment

Ok, how can i upgrade from V8 to V9? Did i loose my apps?

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Ha! That is why I did not get a 3gb box. A Gig of total waste of memory you probably will never use even in customisations.

I have a customised 2gb Samsung tablet, with a lot of system apps and lib files that were added from other devices. I have about 400 Mb free on my 2gb partition.

I figure the makers of 3 gb boxes expected 64bit apps and os to be bulky and gave plenty to work with. Plus it is a marketing gimmick, for those who think bigger is better, and won't need much to change existing hardware for more sales for pro models. I wonder if we will see 4gb boxes with oreo for next year. Ha!
                    Not sure if I understand what you are saying X92.
                    Is your thinking that a 3gb box only uses 2gb of ram, so is a pointless purchase ???

Comment

RAM is blown way out of proportion in android these days, 8GB on some devices.. until it has AAA games it has no point going past 3 or 4GB.. its all just marketing.

2 or 3GB can actually be pointless with wrong lowmemerykiller settings.. (killing to aggressively for the sake of free ram) like the use of system/etc/lowmemorykiller_2G.txt
                      in amlogic devices, I found that some could not complete the antutu 3D part of the benchmark because it was been killed by lowmemorykiller_2G.txt been far to aggressive

There has been an unhealthy obsession with free RAM as long as can remember in the android world

Comment

RAM is blown way out of proportion in android these days, 8GB on some devices.. until it has AAA games it has no point going past 3 or 4GB.. its all just marketing.

2 or 3GB can actually be pointless with wrong lowmemerykiller settings.. (killing to aggressively for the sake of free ram) like the use of system/etc/lowmemorykiller_2G.txt
                        in amlogic devices, I found that some could not complete the antutu 3D part of the benchmark because it was been killed by lowmemorykiller_2G.txt been far to aggressive

There has been an unhealthy obsession with free RAM as long as can remember in the android world
                        And this is one of the reasons why we appreciate the work you and other devs do tillaz

Comment

You need to make a keylayout for it then i will include it. see this
                          Hi tillaz, I was trying to make a .kl file for an old Trust Gamepad, but I can't map one of the key: the .kl entry is ignored and it always takes me to the Chrome app when pressed. 
                          I have used Gamepad tester on another device and the key (which should be mapped to BUTTON_A) has Scancode 290. 
                          Any hint?

/M

Comment

How I connect Xbox One gamepad? V9 not found the gamepad

Comment

Originally posted by ojerez View Post
                              How I connect Xbox One gamepad? V9 not found the gamepad
                              Need to have Xbox one S or X gamepad this is the only one with Bluetooth. I had the S and now the X both work fine.

Comment

Need to have Xbox one S or X gamepad this is the only one with Bluetooth. I had the S and now the X both work fine.
                                Ok

Comment

Working...
                                X