Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP speaks about data loss. Does that mean it's like a fresh install and all apps will be gone? Sorry, if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it with the search function.

Comment

• superceleron
      superceleron commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes is that what it means, every time you flash a IMG it will erase all you stuff!

Thank you! By now I have backed up everything and read through maybe a third of the posts here. Sorry, I have one other question as this is my first time messing with firmware upgrades. It seems people are more likely to run into issues using the sd card option. So I decided to avoid that - I do have a cable, downloaded the burning tool plus all three images. My current version is android 6.0.1 on the device.

Could anyone please c&p the steps to get to the latest IMG, e.g. flash blue/green img first and so on? This might seem so lame on page 118, but I'd really REALLY like to avoid ending up with a bricked box I can't use anymore. Thanks, everyone and a beer will be definitely on its way once Nougat is up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by swabidooda View Post
      Thank you! By now I have backed up everything and read through maybe a third of the posts here. Sorry, I have one other question as this is my first time messing with firmware upgrades. It seems people are more likely to run into issues using the sd card option. So I decided to avoid that - I do have a cable, downloaded the burning tool plus all three images. My current version is android 6.0.1 on the device.

Could anyone please c&p the steps to get to the latest IMG, e.g. flash blue/green img first and so on? This might seem so lame on page 118, but I'd really REALLY like to avoid ending up with a bricked box I can't use anymore. Thanks, everyone and a beer will be definitely on its way once Nougat is up and running.
      goto this link and download the tools and follow the instructions on the page(just use scv4 instead of the firmware on this link). use this guide for scv4 ....after u have scv4 up and running then go back to ur computer and download scv7 ota (do not unzip it) just put it on an empty sd card then put the sd card in ur box and copy the scv7 ota to the download folder after that shut the box off unplug the power cord only use a paper clip to push in the tiny button on side of box n while holding the button with paper clip plug power back on continue holding it until twrp screen appears then click install then on next screen on the left hand side click download folder then click scv7 ota file and then the box will do the rest
      How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to manually update firmware, Download Amlogic Burning tool. fix android box including drivers for Android TV box

Comment

Originally posted by matt59631 View Post

goto this link and download the tools and follow the instructions on the page(just use scv4 instead of the firmware on this link). use this guide for scv4 ....after u have scv4 up and running then go back to ur computer and download scv7 ota (do not unzip it) just put it on an empty sd card then put the sd card in ur box and copy the scv7 ota to the download folder after that shut the box off unplug the power cord only use a paper clip to push in the tiny button on side of box n while holding the button with paper clip plug power back on continue holding it until twrp screen appears then click install then on next screen on the left hand side click download folder then click scv7 ota file and then the box will do the rest
        also make sure u look at your box if the inside board is green or blue so u flash the right scv4 u can see what color it is by looking through the vents on the bottom of ur box

Comment

Thanks - so you're saying to combine both methods? First for the scv4 you are saying to use the burning tool and a male to male usb cable and once that worked switch over to micro sd card with scv7?
          That's what I understood, unfortunately, my windows doesn't recognize my device (in recovery mode) in the burning tool. I have the drivers installed and tried every possible combination. Maybe my cable is faulty.
          So after an hour trying to troubleshoot that I gave up. No idea why the box doesn't show up connected in the burning software.
          =(

Comment

Thanks - so you're saying to combine both methods? First for the scv4 you are saying to use the burning tool and a male to male usb cable and once that worked switch over to micro sd card with scv7?
            That's what I understood, unfortunately, my windows doesn't recognize my device (in recovery mode) in the burning tool. I have the drivers installed and tried every possible combination. Maybe my cable is faulty.
            So after an hour trying to troubleshoot that I gave up. No idea why the box doesn't show up connected in the burning software.
            =(
            You need to upload the scv4 file in burning tool once checked file is complete you need to click run then connect the USB to the box

Comment

Originally posted by Golani4455 View Post

You need to upload the scv4 file in burning tool once checked file is complete you need to click run then connect the USB to the box
              Thanks mate, I did exactly what you said - on three different computers actually, but never was able to establish a connection. I might really look at a bad usb cable (which works otherwise really well tho!).
              It sucks.

Comment

@ superceleron,

I wondered about your opinion of WireGuard VPN kernel implementation.
                More secure? Less code= less buffer= less heat=faster? I do not understand if this is a good direction for China Boxes or just smart phone roms.

WireGuard, a revolutionary in-kernel VPN project which aims to be fast, modern, and secure, can now be directly integrated into Android ROMs.

Comment

• superceleron
                  superceleron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  well not much since i rarely use VPN.
                  It should be a more secure... but as we all know is relative... as is a good direction, we shall see!

@ swabidooda,

You have the process correct, USB Cable for IMG flash, then, SD card for OTA zip flash/update.

I'm quoting myself here, but if it helps...maybe an admin can rewrite a better sticky in the s912 or Alpha forums?

More than likely it is your friendly Windows causing grief.
                Anti-virus/firewall software combine with O.S can cause grief. Disconnect and close/force stop background apps...

Try to install the World Cup drivers again...don't reboot. Make sure to use USB port(OTA) on your China Box.
                or
                Install World Cup drivers and reboot, might work.
                or
                Go into device manager and find World Cup drivers and make Win 7 compatible. Try to flash..or reboot and try to flash.
                or
                Go into device manager and uninstall World Cup drivers...reboot and re-install drivers.
                or
                USB mouse may interfere with Amlogic Burn Tool(My laptop). Start up Burn tool and remove mouse and connect China Box to flash.

If you have installed multiple versions of Amlogic Burn Tool, it might be best to uninstall and go into folders to delete leftover files...and drivers.
                Windows OS has gotten so user friendly since Win 7 that it is increasing difficult to use or support.

G-Luck,
                Reap

Comment

=(
                  I always hold down the reset button then plug in the power cord then plug in the usb cord (all while holding down the reset button) then ull hear a sound from the computer once u hear that sound its connected n then u can let go of the reset button then open world cup then go through the steps then open batchtools and load the firmware and click run......(the last h96 pro + box i flashed I had trouble getting it to connect I hold reset button then plug in power cord then usb n had no connection I just unplugged the usb and power cord n started over after 5 or 6 tries I got it still don't no why I had that issue but just keep trying and try different usb ports on the computer

Comment

Originally posted by matt59631 View Post

I always hold down the reset button then plug in the power cord then plug in the usb cord (all while holding down the reset button) then ull hear a sound from the computer once u hear that sound its connected n then u can let go of the reset button then open world cup then go through the steps then open batchtools and load the firmware and click run......(the last h96 pro + box i flashed I had trouble getting it to connect I hold reset button then plug in power cord then usb n had no connection I just unplugged the usb and power cord n started over after 5 or 6 tries I got it still don't no why I had that issue but just keep trying and try different usb ports on the computer
                    Thank you for for sticking with me - still doesn't work, but at least I got ONE step further. I actually got connected with the reset button advice, but once I run the flashing process I got the error you can see in the attached pic. Any idea what's the issue now..?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

here's another error message I get, using a different laptop..
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thank you for for sticking with me - still doesn't work, but at least I got ONE step further. I actually got connected with the reset button advice, but once I run the flashing process I got the error you can see in the attached pic. Any idea what's the issue now..?

I don't really no what caused that are u sure your boxes inside board is blue? did u look though the vents on the bottom of the box? and if it is did u run world cup after connecting the box? then open batchtools load firmware n click start? if u did everything correct either try it again or delete scv4 and redownload it and try it again just make sure your downloading the right one (green or blue) don't worry about bricking ur box as I have flashed dozens of boxes and don' understand how ppl brick them I've flashed an h96 pro + box 8 times the same box and I even tried flashing the wrong color firmware and still i didn't brick it

Comment

Try unchecking Erase Bootloader , I have a S10 that Refused to take a newer Firmware build and it was giving me errors like yours, So I unchecked the Erase Bootloader and after it got going putting the system on the device I pulled the usb cord stopped the Burn Tool and restart it with the check there again and plugin the Player it should take off by itself shortly after.

The Above worked for my R-TV Box S10 just another s912 player that also works with this Firmware.

Comment

Just got my H96 pro+ up and running with the latest version of the super celeron rom. So far its great and much better compared to what the box was running when I first got it. My question is the power on/off. I can turn the box off with my favormates air mouse remote control but I cant get it to turn the box back on. I have to unplug the power and plug it back in to get it back on. Is there a fix or setting I need to change? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X